ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 taichi Spread spectrum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssateneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 taichi Spread spectrum
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
Does the "Spread Spectrum" setting exist on the X399 Taichi somewhere? I combed through the UEFI and didnt see it, but I could also be blind too. My bus speed is dancing around all over between 99-101MHz, so wanted to see if I could disable spread spectrum.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ssateneth ssateneth wrote:

Does the "Spread Spectrum" setting exist on the X399 Taichi somewhere? I combed through the UEFI and didnt see it, but I could also be blind too. My bus speed is dancing around all over between 99-101MHz, so wanted to see if I could disable spread spectrum.

If a Spread Spectrum option existed in your board's UEFI/BIOS, it would be in the OC Tweaker screen.

I don't have your board, and UEFI updates are not always updated in the manual. Can you set the BCLK rate to 100.0 MHz with the Hyper BCLK engine your board has?

ssateneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssateneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:51am
Sorry about long reply. The refclk option seems to be ignored. I set it to 101 or 99 or 120 or 90, its ignored and always sets to 100 actual refclock (plus/minus the fluctuations)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic