ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock ab350m pro4 ram quastion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 2:49am
its an old qvl

and thats what they got at the time ..back in march/april with early bios
things really have improved since
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
G0dzis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G0dzis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

its an old qvl

and thats what they got at the time ..back in march/april with early bios
things really have improved since

one would think but here we are as it is... the ram is listed as supported by ryzen on amd list  :D but not on the asrock qvl list... gonna try the gskill tridents
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:29am
i like the tridentz f4 3200cl15d-16gtz

i got the taichi board and have used NON qvl ram since day 1
at full speed , its now running 3333 cl14 and nice tight low timings

the ram STILL isnt on the qvl.............

good luck with the new ram mate
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:19am
Most of the time, motherboard manufacturers only release a QVL at product launch. On very rare occasion the list may be updated for any given product but typically you are best served checking the RAM manufacturer's website for supported boards. Generally, if one ASRock boards of a particular chipset is listed then most of the boards that utilize that chipset will also support the RAM unless for some reason a board is behind with it's updates or has a very particular design (ITX for example). 

This is because it is far easier for memory manufacturers to test a handful of boards with each of their products than it is for a motherboard manufacturer to collect potentially thousands of product samples to test on every single board model. ASRock knows how it's BIOS handles RAM as well as power specifications and tolerances. With this information RAM manufacturers can tell if a RAM model works on X board then it should also work on Y, B and C for example as they share specs.

This is a very common complaint here on the forums, ultimately, while it would be nice to see QVL lists updated regularly it simply isn't practical. This is even more the case with Ryzen and AGESA where compatibility can, and has been, broken from one version to the next. Neither of my RAM kits are on the X370 Taichi QVL but both work flawlessly, one at it's rated 2800 speed and the other at 3200 (3600 kit). Knowing that RAM manufacturers keep a more definitive QVL for their products can save a lot of users headaches.  

G0dzis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G0dzis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm
So i took out the battery today morning and it booted fine few times even with the 2933mhz settings but now i am getting the bsod kernel security check failure... any ideas?
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by G0dzis G0dzis wrote:

So i made a build with a ryzen 5 1600 and asrock ab350m pro4 motherboard and with a 16gb corsair lpx 3000mhz rams CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and the damm pc does not even want to boot everytime and getting it passed 2133mhz one can totaly forget it... i used a second set of corsair lpx but only with 3200mhz and those would not go above 2133mhz but booted 99% of the time. I checked the qvl of the motherboard and now going to get the gskill trident z set F4-3200C16D-16GTZB witch is listed there.   What ram are you all using ? what speeds did you get? would the ram work that i am planning to buy? i am on the brinck of returning the motherboard and swapping it for an asus prime b350m-a ....

What's the same memory but with the 3.32 (Micron die) and they run perfectly at 2933 MHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic