ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi / PCIE problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
The asrock support helped me solve the issue; they provided a beta bios 3.33e (which does not seem to be available on the web).
My decklink x4 pcie gen2 is now recognized.
The pcie slots are still not working properly (i have a GPU + 1 pcie x4 + 3 pcie x1 cards, but i can't use all of them, only GPU + x4 + 2 x1).
But this is already a substantial progress.
x399-Taichi / 1950X / 64GB Kit Corsair Vengeance LPX 4*16 GB CL15/ 850 PRO-512GB / Hitachi 4 TB + Seagate 4 TB / GTX 1060 6GB / Win10 pro
dedeaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:03pm
That is good news. For you. As I said, I am still hopeful of ASRock committing time to fix the PCIe issues.

It does not change how they responded to me, and judging by Google, and others by simply saying they won't support the peripherals.

They have released a new BIOS for the Taichi and I have it flashed. I will spend some time seeing if the issues still exist for my HBAs and USB card.
pkv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 11:55pm
if 3.50 does not work ping me and i'll drop the bios 3.33e for you to test.
x399-Taichi / 1950X / 64GB Kit Corsair Vengeance LPX 4*16 GB CL15/ 850 PRO-512GB / Hitachi 4 TB + Seagate 4 TB / GTX 1060 6GB / Win10 pro
pkv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:12am
i've just flashed 3.50 and it works for me !
dedeaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dedeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:44am
Just wanted to report that the 3.50 version of the BIOS has improved the PCIe issues I was having the Fresco USB cards and HBAs.

The Dell HBA seemed to work, but I noticed some NVME checksum errors I have never seen, so I swapped it with an LSI HBA and the checksum errors disappeared. I plan to make a test pool and copy data on/off of it for a few days to see if there are any issues.

For the Fresco USB card... If I put it in the 1x slot it works fine, but gets grouped with all the motherboard devices and I cannot pass it through under linux to a windows vm. Again, otherwise it works just fine in Linux or Windows. If I put it in a 16x or 8x slot, it does get put in it's own group and I can pass the whole card to a Windows VM.

Previously, both these cards, the Fresco USB 3 card and the HBA would cause lockups if they were installed.

Glad to see progress here.

dedeaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:48am
Never mind. PCIe problems are still there, just not causing hard lock-ups.

With the USB PCIe cards I have or HBAs plugged in, the 3rd NVME drive/slot starts acting up. I have fully populated the NVME slots, and have two of the NVME drives mirrored. When I plug these one or both of these other cards in *any* available PCIe slot(s) the NVME in the 3rd slot starts complaining about checksum issues. No extra USB or HBA plugged in is fine and stable with 3.50.

Progress in that we don't get lock-ups, but still problematic. Oh well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic