ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99 Extreme 11 WHEA-Logger msgs in Event Viewer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme 11 WHEA-Logger msgs in Event Viewer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme 11 WHEA-Logger msgs in Event Viewer
    Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:21pm
I keep seeing this error popping up in my Eventvwr.exe

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x2:0x0
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x2F04
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

From googling around I see that is it related to PCIE timming and the workaround is to switch to GEN2 or GEN1.  The rig doesn't even boot when I set it to GEN2 so GEN1 and Auto are the only settings that work and I can boot up and I sometimes get BSOD with the same error with WHEA-Logger logging warnings in the log.  I am running everything at stock and nothing is overclocked what so ever. Anyone else has this issue?

Specs for My Rig:

OS- Windows 10 PRO
- X99 Extreme 11  BIOS 1.20
- CPU: Intel i7-5930 CPU @ 3.50GHz
- Memory: 64.0 GB
SSD & HD:
- 1 x WDC 3TB
- 3 x Seagate 3TB
- 1 x Samsung SSD 850 PRO
- 1 x Hitachi 2TB

GenericGuy35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenericGuy35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 2:01pm
You and I have nearly identical system specs, only difference is the hard drives and the processor (i7980x). I get this issue as well. I've also had no success with GEN2 vs GEN1.

At one point I had installed an older BIOS and that worked great under windows 8.1, but since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had to update the BIOS to the current 1.20 in order to use SLI. At some point I had a windows update (no kidding) that seemed to fix the issue, but I've since had additional updates that seem to have brought it back.

For some reason I've noticed that I get more errors in the log and sometimes a BSOD while using Chrome.

Wish I had a fix for you, but at least you're not alone.
GenericGuy35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenericGuy35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 2:22pm
I'm tired. My processor is an i7 5960x. NVidia doesn't make cpus for Intel. >_<

Also I bet you've already seen this post but others finding this thread should take a look for links to the driver versions I mentioned.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/59909-asrock-x99-extreme11-motherboard-constant-restarts-due-whea_uncorrectable_error.html

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic