ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 AMD X370 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by WBFIRE104 WBFIRE104 wrote:

Honestly, this has to be one of the most unstable BIOS releases, at least on my K4 model motherboard. My motherboard does not have a WLAN adapter built in, but now it shows one as being there in the BIOS, and defaults to enabled. Attempting to disable it = no post. Have to jumper reset.

Same goes for changing a lot of other options. Turn on the speaker beep? No post, sorry. Jumper reset. You want to turn off CSM for a faster boot time? Also no, and I'm sure you're getting the trend of what happened. 

either u need to reset cmos also with unplugged baterry, or bios is corrupted and u will need to reflash it
WBFIRE104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBFIRE104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

Honestly, this has to be one of the most unstable BIOS releases, at least on my K4 model motherboard. My motherboard does not have a WLAN adapter built in, but now it shows one as being there in the BIOS, and defaults to enabled. Attempting to disable it = no post. Have to jumper reset.

Same goes for changing a lot of other options. Turn on the speaker beep? No post, sorry. Jumper reset. You want to turn off CSM for a faster boot time? Also no, and I'm sure you're getting the trend of what happened. 

either u need to reset cmos also with unplugged baterry, or bios is corrupted and u will need to reflash it

CMOS has been reset several times - it requires it to be done when it fails to boot. And it's not that it's corrupt. If that were the case, then nothing would work. There's not even any OC going on, simply changing options will throw it into a POST fail (Or whatever it means when it hangs up on one code each time)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 4:57pm
You see the WLAN under CBS Options, right?

Begin by listing out the case, no. and size(s) of case fans, memory and the slo(s) they reside in, the psu and its age, what cpu cooler.

CMOS has been reset several times - it requires it to be done when it fails to boot. And it's not that it's corrupt. If that were the case, then nothing would work. There's not even any OC going on, simply changing options will throw it into a POST fail (Or whatever it means when it hangs up on one code each time)
WBFIRE104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBFIRE104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 5:20pm
I think so? It's like 1 AM and I don't feel like turning my main rig back on, haha.

Case: Phanteks P400s
CPU: Ryzen 1600x
Cooler: Mugen Scythe
2x 120mm front fan, 1x 120mm back fan, 1x 120mm top fan
2x8GB G-Skill DDR4 B-Die memory
GPU: GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair TX750m, 2017 model, age under 1 yr

Note that everything is stable if I just don't change anything in BIOS... no crashes or anything otherwise.

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Begin by listing out the case, no. and size(s) of case fans, memory and the slo(s) they reside in, the psu and its age, what cpu cooler.

Edited by WBFIRE104 - 28 Jan 2018 at 5:26pm
Ottesen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ottesen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:08am
The DDR calculator sadly didn't work for me at 2933 or above but i got 2800mhz working at CL 16

Originally posted by Ottesen87 Ottesen87 wrote:

Thanks ill try that and report back what it ended with

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

Originally posted by Ottesen87 Ottesen87 wrote:

Memory oc seems to have improved a bit for me with 4.50 i can now run 2666mhz at 17 19 19 40 at 2T using this kit of mem CMU16GX4M2C3000C15

2400mhz was max before on 3.40 and nothing more no matter the timings, or voltage. so i guess thats a good thing. but still not the rated 3000mhz

R7 1700x 3.9 ghz at 1.35v

Gaming k4

2x8 GB 3000mhz ram CMU16GX4M2C3000C15

as kerboros has said ,your ram should be able to get much more than it is
allthough this corsair isnt the best for ryzen ,by now its should be pretty close to its rated settings with later bios versions

may i suggest using the ryzen ram calculator a lot of us use ?
you basically extract witha p[rogram your rams programmed settings and enter them into another program that auto corrects them to work with the am4 systems ,you then print this opff and manually enter the timings into your own bios

http://www.overclock.net/forum/amd-general/1640919-ryzen-dram-calculator-overclocking-dram.html

1+1=4 in my world and dont try to say otherwise
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm

I think so? It's like 1 AM and I don't feel like turning my main rig back on, haha.

Note that everything is stable if I just don't change anything in BIOS... no crashes or anything otherwise.

Can you please do me a favor and unplug all the unnecessary fans?
Ryzen 5 1600, ASRock X370 fatality gaming k4, 2x16 GB T-Force 3000mhz, MSI GTX 1060 ITX 6GB GDDR5, Kingston SSD 250GB, Windows 10 64-bit PRO
WBFIRE104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBFIRE104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:32am
They're not plugged into the motherboard. Only the CPU fan is. The others are on a fan controller that is in no way plugged into the motherboard. 
Originally posted by elserge82 elserge82 wrote:

ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:15am

They're not plugged into the motherboard. Only the CPU fan is. The others are on a fan controller that is in no way plugged into the motherboard.?
Originally posted by elserge82 elserge82 wrote:

?

Begin by listing out the case, no. and size(s) of case fans, memory and the slo(s) they reside in, the psu and
its age, what cpu cooler.

[URL=][/URL]Honestly, this has to be one of the most unstable BIOS releases, at least on my K4 model motherboard. My motherboard does not have a WLAN adapter built in, but now it shows one as being there in the BIOS, and defaults to enabled. Attempting to disable it = no post. Have to jumper reset.

Same goes for changing a lot of other options. Turn on the speaker beep? No post, sorry. Jumper reset. You want to turn off CSM for a faster boot time? Also no, and I'm sure you're getting the trend of what happened.?

Did you try reflashing?
You seemed adamant about your bios not being corrupt, but it seems so.
Any update?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic