ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Taichi XMP issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randallel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Taichi XMP issues
    Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:33am
Every time I try to enable XMP profile, my computer won't boot. I know it's not the RAM, because I have used it for another Z370 build. I've tried to install a new bios, and clean the RAM slot. Is the board defective?
Yzerman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzerman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:36pm
I'm having xmp issues with my z370 taichi as well. Were you able to get it to run rated speed by doing the settings manually? I can't get the board to post unless I have my 3000mhz corsair set to 2800 or slower. I'm keeping it at 2700mhz just to be safe. 
Randallel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randallel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:24pm
https://imgur.com/a/GKgjt

Does your mosfet where I circled red have a F on it?
Yzerman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzerman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:39pm
I honestly have no idea and won't be able to check until tomorrow. Is it good or bad if it has an f on it?
Yzerman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzerman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:25am
So I took a look to see if mine had an f on them. Turns out they don't. I can't really tell what symbol it is but it kinda looks like two h's in a circle. Is that a good or a bad sign lol
Abula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:56am
I also own a Z370 Taichi, and dont have any issues running XMP on G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz DIMM F4-3200C14D-32GTZR, the bios recognizes it and runs fine.  

One thing to mention is that AsRock has removed bios P1.4 from the website, not sure why, my guess is that the intel fix for the vulnerability was causing issues, in my case i did flash it to it, had some freezing and stalls with it, i recently return to P1.3 and all seems working correctly again, though worth mentioning the XMP worked on either bios, so maybe wont help me you. 

With asrock, i recommend always to use memory that has been tested already, preferable on QVL List.
Randallel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randallel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Abula Abula wrote:

I also own a Z370 Taichi, and dont have any issues running XMP on G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz DIMM F4-3200C14D-32GTZR, the bios recognizes it and runs fine.??

One thing to mention is that AsRock has removed bios P1.4 from the website, not sure why, my guess is that the intel fix for the vulnerability was causing issues, in my case i did flash it to it, had some freezing and stalls with it, i recently return to P1.3 and all seems working correctly again, though worth mentioning the XMP worked on either bios, so maybe wont help me you.?

With asrock, i recommend always to use memory that has been tested already, preferable on QVL List.

The problem isn't 3200Mhz, the problem is that it won't post if you OC your 3000Mhz. The spec page says it doesn't support 3000Mhz, not sure what that means. I had to downclock my RAM to 2933 to post. I bought a 3200Mhz kit, which works fine now.
Randallel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randallel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 3:49am
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by Yzerman19 Yzerman19 wrote:

So I took a look to see if mine had an f on them. Turns out they don't. I can't really tell what symbol it is but it kinda looks like two h's in a circle. Is that a good or a bad sign lol

There's 2 versions of mosfets for the Taichi, Fairchild and Sinopower. Fairchild is said to OC better, so maybe since we both have Sinopower we can't OC our RAM as well?

This is what I did:
OC Ram to 2933Mhz
Change VCCIO to 1.1V and VCCSA to 1.15 in the BIOS

Edited by Randallel - 28 Jan 2018 at 3:50am
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 5:44am
Cant Get my GSKILL VEngenve 3200 To work with XMP... aswell
somethins of there
Yzerman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzerman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 6:00am
Can you get your ram to run at the rated 3200mhz if you set it manually? I can only get my 3000mhz corsair vengeance to run at 2700mhz stable with manual settings. Like I stated earlier, xmp won't boot :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic