ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Fatal1ty - Audio cutout issue - Battlefield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatal1ty - Audio cutout issue - Battlefield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 12:24am
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:12am
I Had terrible Audio drops in Starwars Battlefront and bf1 on a 1700X and X370 Taichi. The only solution was to disable AMD cool and quiet and also disabled cstates. I also set a static vcore and CPU speed to 3.8. That solved the Audio issues for me. Good Luck.
Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:34am
I installed Battlefield 1 and I couldn't replicate the issue both on OC settings and default. I even tried Game Mode with Ryzen Master to turn off half my cores and that worked too. No audio dropouts and great audio all around. I also tried BIOS 3.20 and 3.50 with the same results.

I used the internal Realtek with no drivers aside from the ones that are included with Windows. I don't use any mouse, keyboard or ASRock drivers either.

The Fatal1ty board has a more recent codec chip than mine and an extra Creative software layer. I have learned the hard way a long time ago to avoid anything from Creative. Pro audio cards come with small driver packages and there's a good reason for that.   

I can only give you one piece of advice: the less third party drivers and software you have running in the background, the better; that is, if you want a stable system and smooth running machine.

If you would like me to try anything else, let me know...

Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Brandon Brandon wrote:

I Had terrible Audio drops in Starwars Battlefront and bf1 on a 1700X and X370 Taichi. The only solution was to disable AMD cool and quiet and also disabled cstates. I also set a static vcore and CPU speed to 3.8. That solved the Audio issues for me. Good Luck.

You shouldn't have to do that to get good audio. Was that with the onboard audio or a third party sound card?

Edited by Moba - 26 Mar 2018 at 4:28am
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:01am
Onboard Audio.The Problem was only in those 2 games.
Star Wars Battlefront being the worse. I'm running the 4.40 bios. Both of the newest bios leaves Cstates and AMD cool and quiet stuck on resulting in that audio cutout. I also put together a Asrock AB350 Fatality gaming k4 2400G system. With bios 4.70 Again cool and quiet is stuck on but on this setup there is no Audio issue in those 2 games but bf1 will crash. The walk around was to manually set the CPU to 3.8 on the 2400G to stop the cstate issue.Now I can play bf1 all day with no crash.
Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:37am
The 4.xx branch is built on new code with new features and new limitations. I'm sure most issues will be sorted out in a few months, but for now, I recommend 3.xx to anyone who has issues and don't need to upgrade immediately for the new Ryzen chips. AMD is preparing the launch of their new processors and just ironing out most of the bugs from those must be their priority.

Also keep in mind that I have a much older codec which is more mature than yours...

Edited by Moba - 26 Mar 2018 at 4:40am
Lucks0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucks0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by jayendys jayendys wrote:

I have the last bios (4.60) and the motherboard was new, so I just updated it after turning on it. I played the game only on Bios 4.60 ...
I read the link, thank you all for your advice! Smile

Yes...but, the version 4.60 IS the problem. Flash back to 3.50 and you're good to play ;)

I had the exact same issues after I updated to 4.60. It's nothing to do with broken sound cards/chips.

Edited by Lucks0n - 28 Mar 2018 at 1:11am
AMD R5 1600X @3825MHz 1,275V -- Mugen 5 & a Noctua NF-S12A Fan -- ASrock X370 Gaming K4 BIOS 3.50 -- 2x 8GB HyperX 2400MHz CL15-29 1,2V @2666MHz CL 16-15-15-29 1,215V -- GTX 1060 Phoenix GS
jayendys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayendys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:31am
Hello, problem solved :))
I uploaded BIOS version 3.50 and tried playing Battlefield 4, where I had problems ... After the BIOS downgrade, I did not get a sound problem.

Asrock will probably fix this problem in a newer BIOS because the older BIOS 3.50 is not so stable with my DDR4 3200MHz operating system. : /

I hope that this information will help someone and thank you very much for your help;)
Donaire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
I have the same problem of instability, activate high performance mode and it solves everything at least in 3.5 sorry for my English
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic