ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 2400G No Display After BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 2400G No Display After BIOS Update
    Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:20am
Hey everyone, so AMD's boot kit finally came in. I installed it. Updated the BIOS on my AsRock AB350 Pro 4 (first went to 3.4 then to 4.7). I then reinstalled my 2400G and there's no display. I've tried: one stick of ram in various slots, different ram (from QVL), and even a new 2400G. Nothing. I turn on the PC, and I just get no signal.

Here's what's weird:

If I toss the APU AMD sent me back onto the motherboard. It boots up and brings up the UEFI right away. 

What the hell is going on? 

Please help, I'm losing my mind.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:42am
With YOUR 2400G in her, power down, clear(not reset) the BIOS, and try rebooting.

Post back please.
ZeroMaverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:46am
How do I clear the BIOS?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:59am
It is covered in the Manual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 10:08am
Alright. I cleared the cmos by using the jumper as indicated by the manual. Still nothing. Man, what is going on? The A6 Amd sent works just fine. Boots right into the UEFI. 
Vathos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vathos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 1:43am
I had to temporarily put in my spare dGPU ( a R7-370 ) and turn on the iGPU in the bios. It is under the last selection in the CPU under Advanced settings.

Edit: It is under AMD PBS under Advanced options.

Edited by Vathos - 18 Mar 2018 at 1:52am
AMD Forever
R5-1600, R7-1800X, R5-2400G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroMaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Vathos Vathos wrote:

I had to temporarily put in my spare dGPU ( a R7-370 ) and turn on the iGPU in the bios. It is under the last selection in the CPU under Advanced settings.

Edit: It is under AMD PBS under Advanced options.

Hmm. Okay. Maybe I'll try that. Quick question: When BIOS 4.7 wasn't giving me the results I wanted, I downloaded and installed 4.6. After that, the A6 stopped displaying also. Did I something up?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic