ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 ITX/AC & Ryzen 2400g.  No video, POST, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 ITX/AC & Ryzen 2400g. No video, POST, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
I can add just one thing here, if you get constant power on with no image for a couple of seconds then shutdown and the cycle repeats itself that is the AMD Memory Training function trying different memory settings to get the cpu to boot. Let it do this at least 3-4 times and it should get a boot, if not you need to swap the memory, even if its on the QVL it might not work because of a bad IC or too much interference on the power supply 3.3/5V rails.

Edited by cristy6100 - 28 Mar 2018 at 10:10pm
RayB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
Ya, that was my next action :)  I've got the latest media downloading now ugh.  Will reinstall from scratch again.   The first one I tried installing was an older version.  Now will be 1709 build.

Wondering if I should grab each driver manually from the site vs using their supplied CD to get the latest stuff.   I've already updated the BIOS to 4.45.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:10pm
In addition, if you get as far as Windows completing installations, make sure you update windows fully before attempting to install the AMD chipset and display drivers. There have been reports of issues and instability if you install before updating. It would seem the latest updates add improved support for these CPUs.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by RayB RayB wrote:

Ya, that was my next action :)  I've got the latest media downloading now ugh.  Will reinstall from scratch again.   The first one I tried installing was an older version.  Now will be 1709 build.

Wondering if I should grab each driver manually from the site vs using their supplied CD to get the latest stuff.   I've already updated the BIOS to 4.45.

Always download the latest drivers, the CD is just a coaster you get for free Tongue
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:13pm
Indeed you will need to update Windows, if you install the latest official build,  this is a must do step, else you will be greated with lock-ups and crashes in Edge and Windows settings and odd behaviour, install clean windows, and then update it and reboot then check again for updates, dont launch anything elese until Windows is  updated.
This does not happen with latest insider builds because they fixed the issues with Raven Ridge in them, official ISO's will become available next month, until then you need to update windows after install.
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:48pm
Good to know you have something to work with at last !
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic