ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Monitor Setup Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Monitor Setup Problems
    Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:36am
Hello Everyone.  I have just installed the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ LGA1151 motherboard.  I'm trying to install a dual monitor system.  One of the monitors has a Display Port which I plugged into the motherboard.  The other monitor only has an HDMI port which I also plugged into the motherboard.  When I boot up the computer, both monitors come to life, but they act as a single monitor.  If I disconnect the HDMI monitor, then the Display Port monitor behaves like a true 4K monitor.  However if I have both monitors going whatever resolution I try, I can't get it any higher than the lower resolution monitor connected by HDMI.  I guess what I'm trying to do is to have both monitors going but with different resolutions.  I'm trying to find out if this is a Motherboard problem (where I have to change the settings?), or is this a Windows 8.1 problem? Judging from what I've had before, setting up a dual monitor configuration should be fairly easy, but not for me apparently.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

p.s.  The BIOS is up-to-date on the motherboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic