ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming itx/ac BSODs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eltreum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 11:32am
Ran prime95 on blend test for 30min, no BSODs, errors or overheating of any kind.

Gotta leave the pc runnning dota2 on spectator mode (i have it installed on the ssd) that way I don't need to install anything and can also test the GPU for a bit (it if doesnt crash).

Gonna try endless 3dmark, furmark or something else to stresstest it later if I dont BSOD.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 11:44am
Good luck Thumbs Up
Eltreum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eltreum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 11:48am
I just finished watching a 40min match of dota 2 and no BSOD.

At this point I am actually starting to believe that it might truly be a driver. 

I didnt update windows either, I think the driver could have come with a windows update so having a completely fresh windows does help.

I now need to take some time and figure out which driver is causing problems, i suspect it's one that came with the motherboard so if I figure out which one I do hope Asrock either takes it out or reports it to manufacturer.
Eltreum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eltreum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:31pm
I just played 2h of MGS5 and I didnt get BSODs on the fresh win10 install. Going to try to pinpoint the faulty driver now

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:38pm
That is good to hear. As I said before, more often than not ntoskrnl problems are driver related, especially when you can rule out RAM.

Good luck and enjoy your new build Thumbs Up
Eltreum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eltreum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 9:16am
After quite a lot of troubleshooting I actually found out that the problem seems to be related to the Legacy USB support for keyboards/mice.

I have all the drivers installed and I am not getting bluescreens, but if I disable the Legacy support they seem to return. I should do further testing with the RAM speeds in combination with the legacy option since it might be a BIOS bug, but right now as it is I am no longer getting BSODs and it's been quite a long time since the pc has been on.

I have no idea how to report this, but it should definitely be looked upon.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 3:22pm
You can send a support ticket to ASRock here. Just outline the problem as simply as possible and I am sure they will get back to you.

I am glad your system is at least running well now with legacy mode enabled.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic