ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 Master Connections from front of Case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 Master Connections from front of Case
    Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:19am
The X470 Master SLI/ac motherboard manual lists its connectors on pages 1 and 2.

However, my Fractal case has double wires labeled 'HDD LED', 'Power SW', and 'Rest SW', as well as single wires labeled 'Power LED-', and 'Power LED+'.

There are no corresponding pin connectors listed on page 4 of the manual.

How can I connect the right wires to the correct pins?

Cheers,
Hugh
Hughman
MNMadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNMadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:37am
Those are the front panel connectors.

It's item 16 on page 7 of the manual.  The specific pins are labeled there.

They are the bottom-right set of pins on the board, right below the M2_2 connector.  They should be labeled on the board as well.
Heatripper Threadkiller
// 1950X @ 4.141GHz 16C/16T // Taichi // 32GB 3232 RAM //
// Titan Xp @ 2075MHz/12,000MHz // 2TB+512GB NVMe SSDs // Custom Liquid Cooling Loop //
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:13am
the led connectors are position critical

eg find the + and make sure it goes the the board +

the pwr sw and reset sw can be either way
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Hugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:57am
MNMadamn;

Thanks much for taking the trouble to reply.

Page 16 of the manual merely contains a picture of a CPU and page 7 contains information about a WiFi antenna. You must be referring to some other manual.

I worked out that the connections are supposed to be made to the 'System Panel Header', as you say. However, I can't find any instructions about which pins, in what configurations, must be connected to the pins on that header. That was why I originally posted my question.

I still haven't found the answer.

Cheers, Hugh
Hughman
Hugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:03pm
datonyb;

Thanks for your suggestion.

I take it that you mean that the 'Power SW' and 'Reset SW' can be connected either way -- either upside down or vice versa. But do they have to connected to particular pins on the System Panel Header. That is not mentioned in the manual, and I am still trying to find out the answer.

Cheers,
Hugh
Hughman
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:31pm
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:35pm
Hugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 3:46pm
kerberos_20;
Thanks kindly for the information.
Problem solved, thanks to you.
Cheers,
Hugh
Hughman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic