ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 problem shutting down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansi12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 problem shutting down
    Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:59am
My CPU clock will occasionally lock to a certain frequency, and when this happens my PC wont shut down anymore. This only seems to happen in CPU Ratio= Auto. Sometimes it happens after 5mins, sometimes 1 hour.

And as a coindidence ,if i set my CPU Ratio to Per Core or All Core (any Value), my PC will also not shut down from the get go. Maybe because the CPU Clock is also locked.

What happens is lights and fans stay on, only Monitors turn off. Pressing the power button long enough will power it down.

What also happens is that my PC will improperly restart in the same situation. It does turn off the whole system for ~1sec then turns it on again, sometimes 2 times. But this is less of a Probllem. Seems to be all the same Issue nonetheless.

It seems something is locked up internally.

The 8700Clock does normally vary from 800 to 4700mhz, all works, my PC shuts down and restarts fine and quick etc.

I tried BIOS 1.20 and newest 1.30.

With 8700K
seasonic x series 560 watt
2x8 GB ddr4 in A2 B2
hansi12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansi12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 7:28am
Hm maybe VCCST Voltage was too high? The Board sets it to 1,25 in auto.

Put it to 1,2 and it works?

Anyone know why?
hansi12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansi12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 7:30am
Apparantly all my Problems are truely gone. Weird

VCCIO and VCCSA were also too high as this was the cause for rare memtest errors.
tjaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:24pm
I have same problem with Z370 Extreme4 + 8700k + 3200mhz ddr4+windows 10. Machine requires me to hold down button to shut it down. Once I noticed it got it back up the next day with my software open as it went into some hibernate or something weird.

The main problem are those locked voltages and frequencies of the CPU. While my computer is stable I do notice often that it locks at some weird lowered state like 1200mhz or 2500mhz etc.

Now I have observed it for few days now but my suspition is that at least for me it doesn't randomly happen during work but instead it loads at wrong mhz at start of the machine and until the computer gets restarted it stays at lets say 2500mhz. I could be wrong here though.

I tried to contact uefi support from the bios but it sais connection failed because asrock quality = lol.
hansi12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hansi12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:38am
Yea just lower VCCST to 1.2 or some. This is how i solved it. And i also had the frequency lock. It was when my PC wouldnt power down, so i figure this is the same issue.

Often it would lock at my OC clock 4,9Ghz. But sometimes it locked lower or even 800Mhz
tjaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:17pm
Yeah VCCST at 1.2 solved the issue, thanks.
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:03am
Hi everybody, I'm having the same problem on my brand new build with Extreme4 and 8700k . System performs brilliantly and stable, but occasionally (let's say 2 out of 5 times) when shutting down, Windows close correctly but fans and leds stay on and I have to long press power button on the case.
System is overclocked (4.8Ghz with fixed 1.155 volts), but the same happens with default clock.
I checked VCCST but it's already at 1.15.

How can I check the frequency locks? Any other suggestion?

Thanks!
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:27am
Sounds like a Windows issue. The BIOS and OS talk to each other and I bet you have a power saving setting that is not good when overclocking. Try changing your Windows Power Options to Balanced and see what happens. Also disabling C states in the BIOS might help.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:40am
Originally posted by badbri badbri wrote:

Sounds like a Windows issue. The BIOS and OS talk to each other and I bet you have a power saving setting that is not good when overclocking. Try changing your Windows Power Options to Balanced and see what happens. Also disabling C states in the BIOS might help.

Power options is already set to "balanced", I experienced the same behaviour even without overclock. I will try disabling C state. I also think that A-Tuning utility could make some mess, what do you think?
elrafo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elrafo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:29pm
I have the same problem with the 8700 (non k) and the z370 extreme 4 motherboard. Can you tell me exactly what options do you changed and to what numbers?
thanks a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic