ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios update after 1 week BSOD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios update after 1 week BSOD
    Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 3:33am
Hello. I updated my bios to gain the logo security and everything worked perfectly for almost a week. Then I suddenly got BSOD crash. My computer restarted and with in 15 seconds of signing back in it would crash again. And now it will only allow me to go into the bios settings and when I launch windows it gives me the repair options and will not boot.

-I have since tried many different bios versions with no luck and just switched back to the newest 3.01.
-I have removed all the hardware, inspected and reinstalled. New thermal paste on the cpu, tried single ram stick and switched them out in the correct B2 slot, tried removing my gpu and using on board igpu only.
-I have installed Bootable windows 11 on a USB and tried to boot from it and still no luck.
-I have removed my m.2 drive and hooked up a blank Hdd and tried to install windows and it crashes while installing.
-I have tried disabling the igpu and only run the 7900xtx,
-I Cleared the CMOS many times.
-Disconnected the aux usb plug and aux HD audio plug

As you can see I think I am running out of options.
When I try to boot to windows I get windows stop codes:
-critical_process_died
-memory_management
-pfn_list_corrupt
-attempted_write_to_readonly_memory

And now I have been getting: recovery page your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 00xc000000e
Tron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 3:40am
Specs are:
Asrock x670e steel legend
r7 7700x
Rx7900xtx
2 sticks of 16gb trident z5 g.skill 6000 ram
Corsair Rmx1000watt psu
Msi 240 aio liquid cooler
Samsung 980 pro 2tb m.2
I've been running this set up since November 2022 with no issues until now.

M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 7:30am
you cant enter bios?

maybe try reflash the bios using usb-flashback, if you cleared cmos
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
Tron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 8:20am
Yes I have done this many times I tried a bunch of different versions with no luck
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 10:22am
Try FW 1.30 as05. That?™s the newest FW that will work for me. ASRock basically ignored my support request for help in fixing their FW and left me vulnerable with this old FW. I have the same MB as you, and it will be the last ASRock product I purchase.
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
Tron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 12:16pm
Thank you I will give it a try again. I believe I tried it already as I think I have seen your other post talking about this. To be sure I will give it a go again.
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by mrbill mrbill wrote:

Try FW 1.30 as05. That?�s the newest FW that will work for me. ASRock basically ignored my support request for help in fixing their FW and left me vulnerable with this old FW. I have the same MB as you, and it will be the last ASRock product I purchase.

yes, you can try FW 1.30 as05, as mentioned by mrbill. It is a version with different default memory training options.

if trying with minimal components wont help either imo u should contact asrock for rma
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
Tron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 3:29pm
Okay thank you I will give this a try and I have submitted a ticket with asrock today as well.
K9PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 7:03pm
Try put the DDR Train Memory Enable
Tron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 12:09am
Thanks I will try this. A friend of mine told me he had similar issue and one of his ram pins was bent so I am going to check this as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic