ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 taichi freezing driver install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trebron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:46am
@jriend00

i Disabled the ASMedia SATA in BIOS and then the Drive Install completed.
danzel4711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danzel4711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:57pm
I had same problem. Simple solutions for you guys... I read this on Logitech forum.
You must physically dismount cables for CDROM. It sound stupid but it works!
tuba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:39am
I have this exact issue. Been driving me crazy.
Cannot install Bluetooth, Lan or Wifi drivers without a freeze and crash. Only can hard reset to recover.

BUT, all my devices are installed and working properly. No issues in Device Manager and my internet speeds are great.

Should I just leave it alone and be happy?
jfriend00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfriend00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:49am
My problem of freezing both when installing things and randomly while using the system was ultimately fixed by uninstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver that I had installed from the ASRock download site for the Z390 Taichi. Instead, I just let Windows use it's regular SATA drivers. Since uninstalling that Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver, my system has been rock solid, no freezes, no hangs. All other drivers install just fine. All my SATA drives work just fine (I have 5).
jfriend00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfriend00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by tuba tuba wrote:

I have this exact issue. Been driving me crazy.
Cannot install Bluetooth, Lan or Wifi drivers without a freeze and crash. Only can hard reset to recover.

BUT, all my devices are installed and working properly. No issues in Device Manager and my internet speeds are great.

Should I just leave it alone and be happy?
I wouldn't just leave it. It's a ticking timebomb that will hit you again in the future. See my previous post for how I fixed an issue like that.
tuba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:39am
I fixed it!

Had so many failed installs and decided to focus on fixing it.
The key was to bsaically uninstall all the communication Intel drivers from the Asus website and install the drivers directly from Intel.

Uninstall Intel Management Engine:
  1. Unplugged WLAN Ethernet cable and connected PC via WiFi (you can also just download the drivers and then unplug).
  2. Uninstalled Intel Computing Improvement Program (it mentioned the prior partial install and successfully removed it).
  3. Uninstalled Intel Management Engine.

Uninstall Intel Wireless Devices:
  1. Unplugged DVD Drive (might have been irrelevant but harmless).
  2. Noted the clean install instructions here: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html (Basically you uninstall wireless adapters in Device Manager and check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" then clean all temp files before installing the new drivers).
  3. Once I uninstalled the Wireless Adapter, I did a reboot.
  4. On reboot, I exited the Intel Driver and Support Assistant Tray (later disabled it).
  5. Uninstalled Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 in Device Manager (check box for uninstall drivers).
  6. Also uninstalled any unknown device if listed elsewhere.

Install Intel PROSet/Wireless Software:
  1. Downloaded the 'Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers' from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t
  2. Ran them (as Administrator). If it says it's blocked because you have a reinstall pending a reboot, just reboot.
  3. Selected Uninstall (instead of repair or modify). Did not reboot.
  4. Then ran the drivers (as Administrator) and selected regular install.

SUCCESS!

Install Bluetooth Drivers:
  1. Uninstall Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) under Bluetooth in Device Manager (check box for delete drivers).
  2. Download it from here (Win10 64 bit) - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28511/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=59485
  3. Run as Admin
  4. Select Typical

SUCCESS!

Install Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10:

1. Go here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/36773/Ethernet-Products
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=36773
  2. And select Windows 10 OS from the last drop-down menu. Only 1 driver will be listed.
  3. Install it.

4. And that's it. Double check there are no issues in Device Manager.

No more driver crashes for me and everything is working great.
Zimpah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimpah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:08pm
Hi guys, similar problem here, except my computer is totally unusable now. I am running win10 64bit, z390 taichi ultimate, and have been using the PC for 4 months without any real problems. I tried to update the Bluetooth driver through asrock app shop program and this caused the PC to freeze completely. Shortly after starting the update.

After a hard restart the computer gets a critical error and BSOD. Windows repair service can't solve the problem. Safe mode crashes too I have tried every possible option I can think of aside from formatting the drive and installing everything again. But I have programs installed that will be lost if I have to do a fresh install. Programs that cost upwards of $5K that I'm not going to be able to replace.

My rescue drive won't work, tried windows 10 disc and repairing, which fails.

The only two things I have been able to do are get into the command prompt and the UEFI. But I don't know how to delete drivers from command prompt and all the instructions found via Google searching don't work.

What do I need to do? And or how do I solve this from the command prompt.

SERIOUSLY IM AT MY WHIT'S END, AND I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP/SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU TECH SAVVY GUYS AND LADIES OUT THERE.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
z390_freeze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z390_freeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:48am
My Taichi z390 does the same thing. Try turning off the third party SATA controller in the bios under

Advanced/Storage/Third Party SATA 3 Controller

My board is rock solid after disabling this. (If you are unfortunate enough that you wanted to use these two sate ports you appear to be up a creek)
Zimpah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimpah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 5:09am
I'll certainly try it. Thank you for the suggestion. Is it also maybe a problem if I have drives connected to the 3rd party sata ports? Or is simply disabling suffice?
rhschoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhschoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:50am
Hello: I have been having this same problem for about a week now since doing a cold install of Win 10 1903. Crashes hard on any attempt to sense hardware for a driver update. Have to pull the power plug and reboot with rescue media. Then use Diskpart to reassign volume letters back to the right ones to boot with. Have been doing this for literally a week trying to figure out what's wrong. Tonight, turning off the 3rd party SATA controller has fixed things and it doesn't look like I've lost any drives. And, the system seems to be much faster. Whatever that problem was was chewing up a lot of CPU cycles. In any case, I am so happy this is over...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic