ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 310W does not start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RakeshNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 310W does not start
    Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:51am
Just bought an ASrock Deskmini 310W barebones system. It has BIOS sticker P4.40. I installed stock wi-fi card, 500 GB SDD, intel CPU i9400 with fan, and DDR4 8GB X2. On connecting the power, the blue LED comes on and the fan starts but no display. My Display says "No signal". frustrated. Please help
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:58am
Dear RakeshNY,

Thank you for posting your query to the ASRock forum.

Could you kindly check if you have 9400 CPU without the letter "F"?

Also, try to install only one RAM to a different slot to see if it will work.

If it doesn't work:
1. Try to install only the CPU, CPU fan, one RAM to the system.
2. Double-check if monitor and monitor cable can work properly.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
RakeshNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RakeshNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 5:49am
Hello ASRock TSD
Thanks for your response. I confirm that my CPU is i9400 (not 9400F).
I switched on with only the CPU and RAM in one slot. Nothing happened. Then I tried again after switching the RAM to another slot. This time I got an output on the monitor with four options: F2 or Del to run UFI etc. However,none of the options work. When the system is started the keyboard shows in numlock status and there is no cursor to use the mouse. With RAMs in both slots, the screen remains black. What to do from here?
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:44am
Dear RakeshNY,

Thanks for the reply.

Try using a different RAM on the slot that can allow the system to boot up.
(Please make sure that all of the other storage devices are removed from the system.)

If the system still cannot boot into the BIOS, keep pressing the F2 button right after the power key is pressed.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 12 May 2020 at 10:47am
RakeshNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RakeshNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:26am
I tried with a different RAM - same result. I see the BIOS options with can't get into bios even after repeatedly pressing F2 or del. and if I use both the slots for RAM, the display is black.
Totally frustrated! Can ANYONE help?
kustode79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kustode79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
I have a very similar problem.
I have AsRock A310 with I7-9700 (suggested by Asrock).
No signal :(
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 4:25pm
Dear RakeshNY and Kustode79,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please check the following link for the information which shows the BIOS version that will support the CPU that is being used.
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini%20310%20Series/#CPU

Also, kindly check if the memory modules used on in the support list:
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/avl/DeskMini%20310%20Series.pdf

If the memory modules are not in the support list, kindly check with the RAM vendor to see if the RAM has been tested with H310 desk mini.

Also, try to reinstall the CPU and install only one RAM to see if the system will boot up.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
rickaccused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickaccused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 11:15pm
Same problem as listed above, none of these suggestions work.

Processor - Intel Core i5-9400F Coffee Lake 6-Core 2.9 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 65W BX80684I59400F Desktop Processor Without Graphics

Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Laptop Memory Model F4-2666C18D-16GRS

SSD - WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive

When I plug in and press the power button, the blue light illuminates but no signal to the monitor. Bios Version on the Motherboard is listed as 4.40.

I am noticing that my processor is the i9400F rather than just the i9400 (no F). Not sure if that means anything.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 11:55pm
You can't use that CPU in a DeskMini, the "F" on the end signifies no integrated
graphics (iGPU). The DeskMini does not support CPUs that do not have integrated
graphics, there is basically no GPU in your system and nowhere to connect one.
rickaccused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickaccused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:13am
Thanks Xaltar for the quick answer.

That's pretty damn annoying. This will be the second processor I have to return for this computer. Each time taking a 15% restocking fee hit. It looked like this one was on the supported processors list but I guess it wasn't. Listing this information on the front end would be a good move by ASRock.

Guess I need to read the fine print a little closer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic