ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z75 pro 3 issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z75 pro 3 issue
    Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 1:21am
Hi Asrock, just yesterday I started noticing the system time is off and it never syncs, I tried various MS updates and fixes they had available on their site; but the system is still not syncing correctly. 

I'm thinking the CMOS battery is starting to die off. Any chance I can get a replacement? This item was purchased last year October or November, I can't remember which.

Please help Ouch
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 1:25am
CMOS batteries are available at most any drug store and most grocery stores too.

It is most likely a CR2032 button cell, but it's best to look at the battery itself as law req's it to be stamped on the..

$2.00USD, tops.
wenqdu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 2:02am
I will take a look, thank you sir!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 2:56am
You're welcome.

Be sure that when you replace in back in it's holder that the writing is visible/facing you.
wenqdu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 7:36am
Will do!
wenqdu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:49pm
Hey Asrock, I put in a new cmos battery and it's still not working. I think the board might be bad? Can I get a replacement? 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:54pm
Once you install a new battery it is always good practice to clear CMOS completely. Turn off the system, disconnect the power from the PSU then depress the power button to be sure it isn't carrying any charge then clear CMOS and remove the battery. Leave it like this for about 10 - 20 mins then put the battery back in and set the clear jumper back to its original position. Power up the system and then sync your time again, try different servers if you have to.
wenqdu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 12:05am
Heya Xaltar, yeah I already did all of that :( It's still not syncing unfortunately :(
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:52am
Most likely then the crystal got kiltered.

Go to the below and select Repair / RMA
http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp
wenqdu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenqdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 3:28am
I don't know what i did, but it seemed to have been corrected after a couple more reboots. But now it won't recognize all of my ram sticks. I tested the ram sticks in pairs on all 4 slots; they were all recognized, but not when all 4 slots are filled. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic