ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax: Bluetooth disconnects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax: Bluetooth disconnects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax: Bluetooth disconnects
    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 7:34pm
My ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax seems to be incompatible to my MX Master 2S Bluetooth LE mouse. Every now and then (about twice per hour), the mouse looses connection and cannot be reconnected by switching it off and on. The bluetooth radio on the mainboard side seems to be dead for a couple of minutes, then suddenly the mouse reconnects.

My Windows 10/64 bit is freshly installed, the Intel Bluetooth driver via Windows Update is newer than the one that can be downloaded on the ASRock support page (August 2020 vs. May 2020), so I've stayed on the newer version. WLAN is unaffected.

I have tried connecting different antennas: the one that comes with the mainboard, and another one from my previous mainboard. No difference.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution?
Mafiatounes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafiatounes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:58pm
I have the same issues, on my pc the bluetooth cuts out randomly. Mobo is same Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX and the mouse i use is similar a Logitech MX 3.

I tried multiple things:
Reset/update bios
Delete bluetooth drivers
Install drivers from Asrock
Install drivers from Intel

Nothing works, i have to go to settings in windows and disable/enable bluetooth every time to get it to work

Would be nice if someone of Asrock could assist with this common issue.
heavenly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:29pm
For me, the issue was entirely fixed by an update to the Intel Bluetooth driver via Windows Update.

Go to Windows Update, view the optional updates and pick the one that has Bluetooth in its name (or just Intel, can't remember exactly).
heavenly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:32pm
Also, before the driver arrived I used a workaround: I connected my PC via Bluetooth audio to my AV receiver. That prevented any disconnects of my mouse.

I guess the issue in the buggy driver was that if *only* a Bluetooth LE device (such as the MX Master mice) is connected but *no* Bluetooth classic device, something in the driver would time-out and deactivate the Bluetooth (maybe to save energy or something).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafiatounes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:34pm
Thanks will try, maybe that will solve it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafiatounes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm
That is indeed a possiblity, maybe it is a battery saving setting with a LE device. Will check this evening hope it can resolve, it is mainly annoying during office work.

Will get back with my experience, thanks in any case!
OMNITROID2995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMNITROID2995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:09am
Same Problem here. Very Annoying. Very Bad Bluetooth Chip/Firmware/Driver Whatever.
OMNITROID2995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMNITROID2995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:13am
Edit: Same Problem on ASRock B550M-ITX/ac. Bluetooth is absolutely useless on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic