ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5Ghz + submisions with Asrock motheboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SerpentXSF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerpentXSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5Ghz + submisions with Asrock motheboards
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 3:30am
I hit 5.2 Ghz on Intel 7700k and Z270 Taichi

AIO Corsair H100i V2

http://valid.x86.fr/3g0kin

SerpentX
Z270 Taich, Intel 7700k
G.Skill TridentZ 3200
960 Evo and 850 Evo
Aorus 1080 Ti

mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 12:10pm
i had 6.3 stable on my last amd a10 6800k 

get this fm2a55-dgs lol mb kinda y i stuck asrock
really hate this thred !

sorry but i dont have any temp picks at the time i no it was 76 deg wiped hdd many times since. to lessen the load and keep the clock stable i had to reduce everything visual. blue is easy for the computer to produce so i used that as a solid back ground. i tried on windows 10 could only get 5.3 ghz 
window xp 64 bit i could not get a decent copy of that worked so couldnt test

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 11 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:33am
Damn that is one hell of an overclock on both those CPUs, mostly the 2.4ghz model Shocked

100+% overclock Thumbs Up
CPL0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPL0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:20am
Have some old ones...

i7-4700MQ mobile quad CPU with Asrock IMB-180. Base 2.4GHz, OC 5GHz http://valid.x86.fr/xq8v44

i7-4600M mobile dual CPU with Asrock IMB-180. Base 2.9GHz, OC 5GHz http://valid.x86.fr/q5cazf

Also ran some DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1400MHz with that board (2800MT/s) which broke the DDR3 SO-DIMM world record at the time AFAIK but nobody seemed interested. :( Nice clock but a shame they were single rank modules.

Edited by CPL0 - 13 Feb 2017 at 1:29am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
I have noticed that the average OC delta over stock appears to be almost the same between Skylake and Kaby Lake. So as you said, 800 mhz on your 7700k = 5ghz where most 6700k CPUs topped out around 4.7/4.8, same OC, higher base clock. 

IMO that is a significant improvement. If we look at the history of CPUs, there are many instances where new generations were simply higher clocked variants on previous generations. Pentium II - Pentium III (slot A) for example, AMD's entire Bulldozer and derivative lineup etc. Faster is faster and with Kaby Lake you have the bragging rights of hitting 5ghz +. 

I have reverted my system to stock because, well, lets face it, 4.2ghz is plenty fast enough LOL 

I was able to boot at 5.2ghz but as soon as I tried to actually open CPUz I got a BSOD. No amount of added voltage, LLC settings or other tweaks would get it stable enough for a validation. 

Interestingly @5.1ghz I achieved a 10k+ score in CPUz's internal benchmark. That beats out most 6c/12t i7s in the comparison list.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

BOOM

Finally saw this, excellence!! Clap  Censored

Given all the contempt for Kaby Lake by CPU enthusiasts about IPC improvement over Skylake (none), at least (!!) they OC to 5GHz+ with stability. Managing the temperatures at that speed is another story.

Personally, I think an OC should be compared to the base frequency of the processor. The i5-7600K's is 3.8GHz, so that is a 1.3GHz OC for 5.1GHz, which is 34% of the base frequency.

I have my i7-7700K at 5.0GHz now, from a base frequency of 4.2GHz, an 800MHz OC, 19% of the base frequency.

A much more impressive result for the i5-7600K, unless Intel is being conservative with the i5 K processors?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 10:23pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

In no way does this answer the question. I will try again...

What is the maximum temperature, in degrees Centigrade, of the FX-9590 CPU, before thermal throttling begins?

Is that what you are calling "Max temp"?

That spec is readily available for any Intel processor.

I know the answer (there isn't one), but I hoped you would just admit it. Oddly, you can find that spec for other FX series processors, although it is not as clearly defined as Intel does it.

This is not a matter of superiority, or fan boy BS (how I HATE that), but really a question. Why does AMD not provide that information to the public?

This is my last opportunity at pleasing you. This spec was just updated.

http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-8-Core-Black-Edition/FX-9590/98

It is at 57c on the FX-9000's to keep TDP at +/- 220W that the collaboration between AMD and the MB manuf's officially compatible boards keep within the MB design limits. FX-8000's are 61c.

Like it or leave it.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Since I'm an AMD noob, explain this: AOD > CPU Status - Thermal Margin.

AOD =  AMD OverDrive program

Thermal Margin shows the differential from current to Max temp

In no way does this answer the question. I will try again...

What is the maximum temperature, in degrees Centigrade, of the FX-9590 CPU, before thermal throttling begins?

Is that what you are calling "Max temp"?

That spec is readily available for any Intel processor.

I know the answer (there isn't one), but I hoped you would just admit it. Oddly, you can find that spec for other FX series processors, although it is not as clearly defined as Intel does it.

This is not a matter of superiority, or fan boy BS (how I HATE that), but really a question. Why does AMD not provide that information to the public?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The other noteworthy part is it was done on an ASRock Z170 OC Formula board.

Exactly why I posted it here Wink

Yea yea you two. I'm working on it. Confused Embarrassed It sure isn't as simple as OC'ing an AMD system.
cough...Intel..cough Question
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic