ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Build Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultimat_Ultimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Build Advice
    Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:13am
  • This is my first PC Build.
  • Plan to use this for Extreme Gaming and Graphics Design on programs such as Adobe After Effects
  • Would like to know how many additional fans I could put in and if everything is compatible
  • A recommendation of a good Water Cooled CPU cooler and anything else is really appreciated.
  • Put in additional thermal pastes for other CPU's
  • Can I put in another GTX 1080 and use 3 way SLI Shocked!
  • Going to put some other fans in for the colour scheme.
Here is my build (Updated)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvDvZ8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvDvZ8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6900K 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($1041.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 40.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Thermal Compound: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 0.15g Thermal Paste  ($13.70 @ OutletPC) 
Thermal Compound: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 0.15g Thermal Paste  ($13.70 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 WS-E/10G EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($605.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-4266 Memory  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-4266 Memory  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($314.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 2TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($624.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate SuperSpeed HDD 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($89.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($760.45 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($760.45 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.88 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit  ($199.99 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Corsair ML140 Pro LED 97.0 CFM  140mm Fan  ($39.98 @ PCM) 
Monitor: Acer Predator X34 34.0" 100Hz Monitor  ($1248.99 @ Best Buy) 
Other: DEEPCOOL RGB 350 Computer Lighting Kit LED Strip Multi Color and Patterns with Remote Controller  ($16.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: ModRight Mainboard Anti-Static Mod-Mat Work and Assembly Surface ($41.00)
Other: IW-BX141 GRONE BLACK/RED IN WIN CASE FULL TOWER ATX  ($219.41)
Total: $7381.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-02 09:28 EDT-0400

Thanks a lot for the help!Big smile

Edited by Ultimat_Ultimo - 02 Nov 2016 at 9:28pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:34am
First up, welcome to the forums Wink

Secondly, that is one hell of an ambitious build you have planned there. The only potential issue I see there is the 1000w PSU, for a system with those specs I would go for a 1200w to give you a little headroom as well as ensure the PSU runs in it's most efficient load band. That thing will be a beast of a system both in performance and power draw. As for case fans that case should provide plenty of airflow, especially with the 2 additional fans you have listed (it should be fine even without them as that case has a good number of fans out the box). I wouldn't bother with water cooling on a Xeon system, you should be fine with decent air coolers, that and it will add more difficulty to the build itself. You won't see your money's worth between a decent air cooler and those AIO water coolers anyway, those CPUs can't be overclocked so it really would just be overkill.

Lastly, I don't see a single ASRock product listed in your specs, this is the ASRock forums not ASUS Tongue

A comparable ASRock board would be the EP2C612 WS which has much the same features.

Edited by Xaltar - 15 Oct 2016 at 1:37pm
Ultimat_Ultimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultimat_Ultimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:11am
Thank you very much! Just learnt that Xeon processors are not meant to be overclocked. (I thought any Xeon processor could be overclocked that's why I went for watercooling!). I will check out some of your products soon and BTW the EP2C612 WS link doesn't work!

Edited by Ultimat_Ultimo - 15 Oct 2016 at 10:44am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 11:40am
Your first build? Pinch

There is not a single ASRock product in your list. Why are you posting it in an ASRock forum?
Ultimat_Ultimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultimat_Ultimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 11:51am
I don't know where to get some advice on my build. That's why I posted this here. I'm looking into your products though will purchase something. Also most of your stuffs are motherboards. I would get some fans or power supply or optical drive if there was. Happy Smile im'a check out your EP2C612 WS motherboard. Thanks for all the help couldn't have decided what to do without this forum!

Edited by Ultimat_Ultimo - 15 Oct 2016 at 2:27pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 2:36pm
ASRock's server and workstation products are phenomenal. You won't find the same kind of "bling" as you might on other manufacturer boards but what you will find is stability, solid performance and quality components. The major advantage of ASRock Rack products is value for money. If you compare the board you originally chose with the ASRock board I mentioned you will see the specs are near enough identical yet look at the difference in price.
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:42am
If this is your first build and your using coollabs pro. I've not long since put this on my chip wow I might add. Use this stuff sparingly , make sure it touch's nothing but the top of your CPU/cooler as the stuff melts ALU.

I got the pro stuff but the ultra is more easy spread the pro stuff I had to force into the top of the CPU with a bit of effort and elbow grease making sure not to bend pins. Best to take CPU out in case you get fine drops of it everywhere. this paste, less is more should be able to get 3-4 apps on a CPU with 15mls. hope this helps watch the vids on yt on the ultra a few times then try it for yourself. pro like I said won't just slide about molding to the CPU like the ultra does you will need to persuade it with the cue tip

6x 140mm fans where on earth are you going to mount this many also 96cfm each that's going to be some noise

Stand back 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 lift off ,lift off , nope its still sitting in my room o well what do they kick out decibel wise each what 22-40 each? Get rid of the LED's and buy a fan controller much more beneficial.

I also have to agree price/performance for asrock and I'll also give my 2 cents. I used to be Asus only boards, then asrock came along and gave me a fantastic bios much like Asus with a slightly cheaper put together board. I've had 2-3 now and never had a DOA unlike my first gigabyte board which I might add never went back. These boards although construction cost is a bit cheaper they still perform just as good if not better on the price/performance graph

I would also go into this more but your clearly going Intel so good luck to you when the next gen Intel comes out and yours drops by 2\3rds of its original price. My last amd actually went up in price from the next gen lol

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 19 Mar 2017 at 5:12am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:58am
Wow!

Resurrecting old threads we are. ShockedThumbs Down

Note: The post above yours is(was!) Spam promoting someones website and had nothing to do with the thread. I've since deleted it.

Originally posted by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u mgrandy@hotmail.co.u wrote:

[URL=][/URL]If this is your first build and your using coollabs pro. I've not long since put this on my chip wow I might add. Use this stuff sparingly , make sure it touch's nothing but the top of your CPU/cooler as the stuff melts ALU.

I got the pro stuff but the ultra is more easy spread the pro stuff I had to force into the top of the CPU with a bit of effort and elbow grease making sure not to bend pins. Best to take CPU out in case you get fine drops of it everywhere. this paste, less is more should be able to get 3-4 apps on a CPU with 15mls. hope this helps watch the vids on yt on the ultra a few times then try it for yourself. pro like I said won't just slide about molding to the CPU like the ultra does you will need to persuade it with the cue tip

6x 140mm fans where on earth are you going to mount this many also 96cfm each that's going to be some noise

Stand back 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 lift off ,lift off , nope its still sitting in my room o well what do they kick out decibel wise each what 22-40 each? Get rid of the LED's and buy a fan controller much more beneficial

Edited by wardog - 19 Mar 2017 at 5:01am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:53am
So does anyone really believe that list of parts was actually purchased by someone, as a first build, and shipped to Sri Lanka?

I could do much better than that with a fantasy PC build, except for the shame of using PC Partpicker.

Too bad we never heard from this person again, among many other things I wanted to know how the unmatched kit of 4266 DDR4 memory worked on an X99 system. LOL
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Your first build? Pinch

There is not a single ASRock product in your list. Why are you posting it in an ASRock forum?

Linkage for profit.

Check out the links with ur2, thems are Affiliate Sales links.

parsec or Xaltar, delete the entire thread after you read this, my post here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic