ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Tell if Your Mobo Is Failing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Brigadine Brigadine wrote:

Now the internet isn't working on that computer.
disregard that reply I went in and reloaded defaults to replace the already default settings and now the internet is back.
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:40am
Now the internet isn't working on that computer.
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:32am
Forgot to unzip it I guess. I haven't ever done it like that on this rig. Anywho it went through now
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

You need to unzip the actual Instant Flash file, Z97Ex42.50, only, onto the root of a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.

And insert the thumb drive into a USB 2.0 port located at the rear I/O panel of the motherboard.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Brigadine Brigadine wrote:

instant flash isn't working. Like it wont do it. flash drive with nothing but the bios file and the folder with the file in it. I tried both.

Folder?

You need to unzip the actual Instant Flash file, Z97Ex42.50, only, onto the root of a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:31am
instant flash isn't working. Like it wont do it. flash drive with nothing but the bios file and the folder with the file in it. I tried both.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:16am
Yea. Do the Instant Flash from within the BIOS and post back. DO NOT clear the BIOS immediately after flashing. Instead, make a change to the.... say, LPT or whatever, Save and Exit. Then, THEN, upon a reboot use the "Reset to UEFI Default" and go back in and make the changes you need to.

Clearing the BIOS immediately after flashing and you stand a good chance of hosing it. Not good.

Post back please after using Instant Flash. We'll discuss the sound card issue after that, ok?
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:08am
Another issue, that asus sound card is showing as 'asmedia pci to pci bridge' in the bios. Is that right?
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:04am
Brigadine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigadine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:00am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

[URL=][/URL]How do you update the BIOS, APP Shop?

If so, use Instant Flash from within the BIOS under Tools tab.

Also, if you're not already, plug in a 4-pin molex from the PSU to the connection just above and to the right of the upper most PCIe x1 slot. That is for providing additional/supplemental power to the PCIe bus.

Reply back please.

I use the internet flash inside the bios. That 4 pin connection is already in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic