ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Fatal1ty Mini ITX Thunderbolt 3 Problems!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICONchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Fatal1ty Mini ITX Thunderbolt 3 Problems!
    Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:36am
Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac
GTX 1080
Samsung 960 m2
Samsung 950 SSD
32GB GSkill Trident Z
I7 7700k

I've been having issues with my TB3 port from day 1. Attached storage freezes the computer for about a minute and half the time crashes the computer completely. If it does connect it crashes when I'm transferring files to it. I tried multiple storage options and different cables to rule it out. Drive manufacturer said my thunderbolt firmware is ancient. If the drive attaches I lose my connection to my sata connected SSD no matter what sata port I have the SSD plugged into.

Software Package version 16.2.52.250
Application Version 16.2.51.18
Service Version 16.2.52.3
Controller Driver Version 16.2.51.2

Thunderbolt generation Thunderbolt 3(15BF)
Number of ports 1
Security level User Authorization SL1
NVM Firmware version 4.00
PD Firmware Version f201.13.00
External GPUs supported Yes

I've been told the NVM firmware is old and should be at least 16 not 4 and that's why I'm having issues.

So I've emailed support about my issue and they said to download the new bios and then they never replied to my further questions.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:20am
There is a new UEFI/BIOS version, 2.10, but the description contains nothing about Thunderbolt firmware.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

I did some searching on Thunderbolt firmware, and according to a thread in the Intel support forum, Intel does not provide Thunderbolt firmware updates to the public. They claim firmware is only provided to the OEM of the Thunderbolt supporting device:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/111949

Intel has Thunderbolt driver and firmware updates for one of their NUC models, and one of their last mother boards, a Z87 chipset board, but that's it.

I found a Dell Thunderbolt firmware update tool, but it is proprietary to the Dell system.

The only advice I can give you is to keep trying with ASRock support.

I'm beginning to see why Thunderbolt is not as popular as it could be. Confused

ICONchad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICONchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:49am
Ya I tried the new BIOS.. no luck
stefan33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:37pm
Ok, but the first bios for default has Thunderbolt disabled.... I f you have installed the OS befor upgrading to the new bios may be the drivers aren't correctly installed. if you try to reinstall the thunderbolt drivers now what happend???
Here there is another one:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4627&title=fatal1ty-z270-gamingitx-ac-thunderbolt-3-issue

I have the same motherboard but I haven't any Thunderbolt device for to try... I'm using Win 7 - 64 on a SM961... Are you using 7 or win 10?
ICONchad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICONchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 3:12am
Ya it's enabled. Got someone from support who is looking into it.
joelkernasenko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelkernasenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
plz post the response or solution once they reply. i got the same problem with pretty much the same system as yours. cheers jk
stefan33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Why obody from the assistence tell us what is the problem... and also the solution?
stefan33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefan33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:35pm
???
ICONchad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICONchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:05am
I'm still going around in circles with support. I've been told by other TB3 manufacturers that the firmware is ancient. They've had me try updating the hdmi certificate and reinstalling every other drivers. No luck.... I'm super frustrated as I bought this EXACTLY for the TB3 and I can't use it.. I have my mac sitting here that i'd really love to get rid of but I can't till I get this working properly.
ICONchad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICONchad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 6:04am
still getting nowhere..anyone else having thunderbolt issues?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic