ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 pro gaming aquantia lan issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stupidityleak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 pro gaming aquantia lan issue
    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:06pm
Ricardo, send me your email in a private message and I will try to assist.
Ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:11am
If anyone can help me...

After I disconnected the cables on my pc to change a PSU cable, my Aquantia NIC stopped working. It wasn't getting a valid IP address.

I've found this topic and I contacted the Aquantia support by email. They send me the model number (AQC108) to download the new driver and firmware on their website. I have update the driver and then the firmware, but now the cable is not being recognized at all by windows 10.

I've booted Ubuntu on a flash drive to test it and the network worked just fine with the Aquantia NIC.

jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:02am
stupidityleak, thank you.  Nice work.  Great write up.  Thanks again!
EvanWasHere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanWasHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:29am
Got it!

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:24am
Check original post, click on "Files". Should work with Google Drive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:18am
I think I had to keep the browser window open and I closed it. Let me find a more reliable way to share it. Hang on...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanWasHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Perfect, I hope it helps. I am able to imdb.com and some other random stuff that people said they were having trouble accessing. I also am able to achieve 472 down on a 400 advertised connection from Comcast so no issues there either.

I just tried the file.io link but it's not working?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:15am
Perfect, I hope it helps. I am able to imdb.com and some other random stuff that people said they were having trouble accessing. I also am able to achieve 472 down on a 400 advertised connection from Comcast so no issues there either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanWasHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:12am
Originally posted by stupidityleak stupidityleak wrote:

Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Files: https://file.io/YS21Ty

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Awesome.  I will try this tonight.  I also have identical systems, and while the NICs both work, they both have the same issue where it can't load random websites.  For a week, I was unable to load imdb.com.  If I switch to another NIC on the board, it works perfectly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:08am
Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Updated Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Edited by stupidityleak - 25 Aug 2018 at 11:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic