ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 pro gaming aquantia lan issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:17am
Thanks, SoniC.  I just did some testing on my LAN and it seems OK, but I have mixed feelings.  I am curious what the others with real problems will observe.  Enjoy, John.
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:33am
P.S. ASRock support replied me this today:

please update to latest Aquantia LAN driver 1.40.42.0 from:

http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/

choose part Number: AQN-108 and Platform: Windows 

And afterwards the install procedure... 
Nice for the Support to catch up to the latest driver versions too...
Anyway - it basically confirms what I am testing / feeling since 18 Hours+ on Aquantia now = with 1.40.42.0 drivers it actually works... 
And it works kinda better than intel I211 (might be a placebo though).
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:43am
Thanks, SoniC.  This must the public portal I was told about when I was e-mailing Aquantia.  Great, now we have an official source of their drivers!  Enjoy, John.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:32am
Thanks for the Aquantia link(now bookmarked), I've downloaded the new driver and will give it a shot.
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:35am
Set fixed 1Gb port speed instead auto in Aquantia nic settings.
My guess that Aquantia try to auto negotiate 5Gb speed, but fail.
p1r473 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1r473 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:23pm
I was getting the same thing- I couldn't reach cineplex.com website on previous firmware (intel NIC worked, Aquantia didnt). I upgraded to the latest and it fixed it.

HOWEVER, for the last 3 days I have been getting computer freezes every hour. Nothing in the event manager so far, until last time (event posted below).

I am going to disable Aquantia LAN and see if it fixes my freezing. Has anyone else experienced freezing with Aquantia LAN 1.40.42.0? 
Really hard to debug a freeze. I have to manually power off. No crash dump or anything, total freeze. I did manage to trigger a freeze plugging in and unplugging the ethernet cable.

BTW I am on ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier mobo

Here is the event:

Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport) : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport) : The network adapter has detected that the token ring cable is disconnected  from the network adapter. Please reconnect the cable.

The network interface "Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport)" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.
This network interface has reset 24 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Edited by p1r473 - 29 May 2017 at 1:24pm
jpopcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpopcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 2:39pm
Sonic, thank you for your post and the driver link.  I've been testing those new drivers, 1.40.42.0.  So far so good. 
Before those latest drivers, my 5G LAN was causing all sorts of problems.  So I RMA'ed my board.  The new board had the same 5G issue.  Again, now that 5G LAN is working.  Thank you.
p1r473 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1r473 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Unfortunately this driver isnt the cause of my freezes... got to keep digging
UberPizius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UberPizius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 5:15am
z270 supercarrier here and other 5gbit lan problems

the 5gbit lan refuses to work, if i enable on the bios, and install the latest driver at restart the pc froze on error 46 and A2, to get it work i nedd to power off the pc and restart, after i disable del 5bg lan on the bios the pc works normally

after doing a memtest on my g skill trident Z rgb 3200MHZ i found 2 error, the ram was mounted in slot 2-4, then i have done a memtest in the slot 1-3, this time no error -__-

testing a single module of crucial ddr4 2400mhz no error was found

dismounted and reomunted the cpu, all is fine socket is ok, and cpu contact is good, cooler not overtightened

now i'm replacing the ram with another kit, but for the 5gbit lan? is the mainboard defective?

EvanWasHere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanWasHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:36am
How is the 10GbE on your motherboards working out?  I bought the ASRock FATAL1TY a few months ago and finally just bought another one, so I could use 10GbE with a switch between them. 

But my transfers between machines have been slower than the 1Gb NICs and I am constantly having issues with Netflix and webpages.  I tried the newest drivers as well as the one suggested here.

Edited by EvanWasHere - 29 May 2018 at 6:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic