ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Riptide Wifi - No Sound Devices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamland95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Riptide Wifi - No Sound Devices
    Posted: 26 Jul 2024 at 8:23am
Hi, I just upgraded my bios to 9.01 on my Z790 Riptide Wifi motherboard. Now there is no sound. Windows says there are no output devices found and the Device Manager doesn't show the Realtek hardware under sound devices. It was working fine before the bios update. Thanks.
zippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 3:26am
Same issue, after update realtek audio does not show up in Device Manager. Have gone into BIOS and disabled/re-enabled HD Audio. Have downloaded and reinstalled driver. Nothing working. Fortunately, headphones work.
dreamland95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamland95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 7:21am
I purchased a SoundBlaster Play! 3 USB sound card so I can use my speakers. It's working well. I'm still concerned about the update doing something I can't see though.
Samiam30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samiam30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 12:23am
Having this exact same issue after flashing the latest bios version (10.1). Onboard audio is enabled in bios but the device is not showing up in win 11 device manager.

Tried clearing CMOS, reverting biso to ver 9.01, updating realtek win drivers but nothing works.
Marc-A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc-A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 4:07pm
I'm very angry now. My CPU was unstable with the old BIOS so I was told to upgrade BIOS because new BIOS solved this and it's true , it solved my overheating problem but I'm no more able to use any Realtek driver since. It's installed in the BIOS but it simply won't install work in Windows. The driver acts like it installs but it doesn't because once the PC restarted .... the driver is not listed anywhere and not available. Really Asrock ? We just had to choose between having sound or a overheating CPU ? I want a solution please . We need a solution. I see here I'm not the only one . I updated to the last BIOS of the 09-08-2024. I paid this PC 4000$ and really, I'll be stucked using only HDMI sound forever ? Come on Asrock !!
Marc-A
Darkje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 5:18pm
Try if the device comes back after taking out the power cable for a couple of minutes, this will put the board in a G3 mechanical off state, and possibly reset some things.

Samiam30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samiam30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 1:29am
I tried this. Left the PC turned off and unplugged overnight but it didn't help.
Asrock Support also wasn't very helpful with the issue and told me to just RMA the board via the seller.
Darkje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 1:33am
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work.
dreamland95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamland95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 2:15am
Wait, RMA the board. It was a bios update that stopped the sound from working. I wouldn't want to rip apart my machine for something that caused by software. I just purchased a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Play! 3 External USB Sound Adapter and it's working just fine.
Samiam30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samiam30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 11:09pm
Yeah don't want to go trough the hassle of doing a RMA so I ordered a USB audio interface. Will definitely go for another motherboard brand when doing my next PC build though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic