ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 problem shutting down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 problem shutting down
    Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by deralx9000 deralx9000 wrote:

Did you fix the issue?

Actually yes, but I don't know why Smile. Computer is shutting down properly from weeks, but I didn't do anything. Maybe a windows update?
deralx9000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Did you fix the issue?
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:56am
Another (sad) update: even disabling fast start up didn't solve the issue: pc still continue to not shut down occasionally . I don't have any clues about this... :(
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:14pm
Update: I enabled Deep Sleep in UEFI, but after a couple of days I experienced again the problem. Now I disabled Fast Startup in Windows, we'll see if something changes.
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I have to ask, is this a fresh OS install or a carry over from another system?

The only time I have seen issues like this have been with OS installs that were set up on a different system. 

Fresh install, windows 10 pro x64
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:21am
I have to ask, is this a fresh OS install or a carry over from another system?

The only time I have seen issues like this have been with OS installs that were set up on a different system. 

benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:19am
Originally posted by razvan974 razvan974 wrote:

Because UEFI stock do not have Deep Sleep state activated and everyone which use the motherboard without changig this will encounter this situation. ( LEDS and keyboard and mouse LEDS remains powered).

If you actually mean than ONLY mobo leds, mouse and keyboard stay on (generally speaking, USB powered device), this is not my case, because in my PC even fans and CPU pump stay on. 
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:39pm
Because UEFI stock do not have Deep Sleep state activated and everyone which use the motherboard without changig this will encounter this situation. ( LEDS and keyboard and mouse LEDS remains powered).
benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by razvan974 razvan974 wrote:

There is no problem with motherboard or any other components if ( only) the LEDS stay on...
You must properly configure  power state in UEFI...
To do that , you must enter in Advanced Mode - Advanced Cipset Configuration - Deep Sleep - set it to Enabled in S4-S5.

After that, when you shut down from windows, the computer will shut down completelly ( including leds)...

Thanks, I will give it a try but, just to be clear, it doesn't happen all the times and not only the leds but fans and CPU pump stay on too. From this state, reset button doesn't work, and the only thing is to long press power button. In addition, considering that I started to experience this issue from the beginning of this build, with stock UEFI config and no overclock or other customization, I don't understand why I should manually change some advanced settings just to make a basic behaviour (like shutting down the PC) properly work.
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:53pm
There is no problem with motherboard or any other components if ( only) the LEDS stay on...
You must properly configure  power state in UEFI...
To do that , you must enter in Advanced Mode - Advanced Cipset Configuration - Deep Sleep - set it to Enabled in S4-S5.

After that, when you shut down from windows, the computer will shut down completelly ( including leds)...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic