ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3000 Broken SATA cable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 6:23am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

You were right, they did Smile

Most impressed.

Beebox N3150
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:16am

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.

You were right, they did Smile

Most impressed.

Wink
mo_wie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mo_wie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:22pm
Hey there,

is there any way to buy or build the SATA cable yourself? Actually I only need to know the pin settings. I couldnt find this information in the manual.

Thanks for your support. The Beebox is a great little fellow!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:32pm
mo_wie, go back and follow the advice given in Post #2 of this Thread
taller238 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taller238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:47pm
Hi, I got the same issue of the sata cable. Even I directly connected to the ssd's plug (w/o mounting to the lid b/c wrong angle), the bios still cannot find the ssd.

So my questions are:
A. Can I install only one 2.5" ssd without the msata hd?
B. I contacted AsRock, will the new cable work both on angle and connection?

Thanks!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by taller238 taller238 wrote:

Hi, I got the same issue of the sata cable. Even I directly connected to the ssd's plug (w/o mounting to the lid b/c wrong angle), the bios still cannot find the ssd.

So my questions are:
A. Can I install only one 2.5" ssd without the msata hd?
B. I contacted AsRock, will the new cable work both on angle and connection?

Thanks!

Why would the PC need the mSATA drive to work? Unless you installed Windows with the mSATA and another drive in the PC, then whichever drive in the main one, the Windows installation program put the boot/system partition on the other drive.

If you are installing Window again, just use the 2.5" SSD. Take out the mSATA drive, and then put it back if you still want to use it again, but I would check it for any extra partitions.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by this, "... will the new cable work both on angle and connection?".

I just bought an ASRock DeskMini 110W PC, and it has specialized SATA cables that connect to the board in a unique way. Any non-standard SATA cable will be small and delicate, as the SATA cables supplied with the DeskMini 110 are. They need to fit in the small case and the cable connectors are not made for many insertion and removal cycles. I planned ahead so I only had to connect the cable once, and do everything I can to not disconnect them at all.

Even standard SATA data cables are not meant for more than 25 - 50 connect and disconnect cycles. Usually they won't last that long. I have yet to see a high quality SATA data cable.

I've seen people break the SATA data and power connectors on SSDs. All SATA connections are delicate, be gentle and careful with them.
Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
asRock please get back to me with the replacement cable.

I have used the form in the links here twice and have only received an automated generic no-reply email telling me to check with my dealer. My dealer tells me to contact asRock?

How can I get a direct message about this SATA cable failing out of the box. It is a horrible design.
Are there any other suppliers of a usable cable?

I only have a 60gb mSATA drive, and am trying to add a 240gb SSD. But the cable got damaged when closing the lid.

Is there an email address for direct contact?

Thanks in advance.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Adam Adam wrote:

asRock please get back to me with the replacement cable.

I have used the form in the links here twice and have only received an automated generic no-reply email telling me to check with my dealer. My dealer tells me to contact asRock?

How can I get a direct message about this SATA cable failing out of the box. It is a horrible design.
Are there any other suppliers of a usable cable?

I only have a 60gb mSATA drive, and am trying to add a 240gb SSD. But the cable got damaged when closing the lid.

Is there an email address for direct contact?

Thanks in advance.

I'm terribly sorry and understand your frustrations.

Use the below email to contact them directly:
support@asrockamerica.com

Explain your issue and for good luck include/attach a copy of your purchase receipt as they may ask/require a copy of it to fulfill your request.

Keep me posted please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic