ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3000 Broken SATA cable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbosnute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox N3000 Broken SATA cable
    Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 4:48am
The SATA cable broke when I closed the enclosure. Is there anywhere I can get a new one quickly?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 4:57pm
Dear customer,

About this case, please contact ASRock via support request form and provide your contact information.
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
We will provide further help for this issue.

Thank you for your post.
Sincerely yours.
ASRock TSD
gabriel85roma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriel85roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 7:35am
me tooo.. this cable is not well done... the other things are very good...
gabriel85roma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriel85roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 12:21am
mech2375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mech2375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:18am
As ASRock pointed out, you should contact them for a replacement.  All that needs to be provided is an invoice.  The redesigned cable has a right angle connector at the board and allows the cable to be more appropriately routed.  It isn't perfect, but it is greatly improved.  ASRock should also us thinner, more flexible cable, and make the connectors a bit shorter.  Then, I suspect the cable would be perfect.

Are you noticing any flaky, intermittent issues with booting or using the system?  I felt that the damaged cables in both of my units caused odd behavior in one, and caused the other to completely fail.  If you are having any funny issues, I would recommend you request a replacement, assuming that they are still covered by warranty.  If you suspect too that the failure is attributed to these cables, you should point that out.
Jolltax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolltax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 11:16pm
My cable is damaged also, I think it got caught in the case when it closed perhaps?  I no longer plan to install a 2.5 drive anyway so no need for a replacement but thought it was was mentioning as I think the design needs a bit of work...

J

Grexicania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grexicania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:36am
Exactly what they told me.  Cable came in less than a week and works fine.
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 1:37pm
I just bought an N3150 and had the same issue with the cable.

Whilst it may be possible to obtain a replacement, it all takes unnecessary time and ASRock should have an outlet somewhere, perhaps with authorised resellers such as the mighty Amazon to allow them to replace them directly and from the country of original purchase, especially on the basis that these cables are unique to this product.

When I contacted Amazon first they stated that it was not an item that they stocked and to contact ASRock, who seem to have a policy in place that requests the purchaser to go to the retailer.

It's all a little bit messy and ultimately could put people of buying the Beebox, which otherwise looks like an excellent product.

Clearly there was/is an issue with quality control and for such a basic but essential one for many users, penny pinching attitudes often lead to lost sales and future customer loyalty.

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable and my experience of using the Beebox is being delayed.

Beebox N3150
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Bluesmanuk Bluesmanuk wrote:

So I am now at the mercy of ASRock as to whether I can get a replacement cable

Trust me. You'll be taken care of. And in a "timely' manner, all things considered.

Once out in the "wild' these things happen every now and then. They've re-designed the cable so this doesn't happen I'm told.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

I like your confidence and shall take your word Smile
Beebox N3150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic