ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Fatal1ty not booting with code 62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:34pm
I installed the cpu again, same result. The system is stable but only see the ram in the A and B slots. The fisrt PCI-e slot still give the same problem. I'm inclined to RMA the motherboard. 

Here a CPU-Z test just for fun https://valid.x86.fr/fhx1b8

Edited by alexmaz - 03 Feb 2018 at 8:37pm
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:34pm
If it's a ram compatibility problem, I will end up changing both ram and motherboard because there's no way I can find something else on the QVL here for a price that isn't crazy. The flare x on the qvl cost almost 600 ??on Amazon italia and it's impossible to know if you I'll get a ver 4.31 of the corsair ram
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
Pins seems fine to me, I don't know how much you can see from this picture https://imgur.com/a/tBHjX

If I only put the ram in the C and D slot, 1 or 2 sticks, I get the code C0

Edited by alexmaz - 03 Feb 2018 at 6:59pm
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

each pin has its own functions...its hard to say that
but since u dont have error post codes but instead system freezes during initialisation, then something isnt connected right

The system is stable, I'm posting from it. The only problems are:

- there is no way it sees the ram sticks in the C and D sockets. If I install only 1 or 2 sticks there, it's doesn't post. I don't remeber which codes gives in this case, I'll check again.

- the system won't post if the graphic card is in the first pci-e slot, I tried 2 cards. In this case the code is 62.

I'll remove the cooler and the cpu and check.
JayB33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayB33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:39am
Take photos so we can see :)
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:32am
each pin has its own functions...its hard to say that
but since u dont have error post codes but instead system freezes during initialisation, then something isnt connected right
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:00am
I'll check tomorrow, now it's 4 am here and I really need some sleep, I spent abut 10 hours on this Big smile

Is it possible to have some bent pins and still have the system working fine aside those 2 issues?
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
hardware errors...
did u check for any bent pins?
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:44am
If I move again the graphic card to the first PCIe slot, the system doesn't boot. I don't know what to think.
alexmaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by alexmaz alexmaz wrote:

Nothing, it doesn't see the sticks in c1 d1 or c2 d2.

You won't like this.

I know I know. That Kit is on ASRocks Memory QVL.

But, it isn't on G.Skills Compatabilty List for your board. No X399 boards from any manuf.
http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=3073&model=3075

I've seen this happen before. It's kinda rare. It comes from early motherboard pre-release in-house BIOSes. BIOSes with rev's of like 0.27.

Have a friend with some mem on G.Skills link I presented above? To test?

No I don't know anyone with those rams. I can try to send them back to Amazon and get something else, but I can't rule out that the motherboard might be faulty. It doen't see the sticks in C and D even if they are the only one installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic