FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestrike scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 2:12pm
With a vengeance is right Evil Smile Beer

I have always loved overclocking and seeing people achieving these kinds of result really inspire me to push my own systems more. Amusingly I usually only do suicide runs on my systems then run them at or near stock for daily use Embarrassed I think the most extreme overclock I ever had as a constant setting was my old P4 2.4 Northy that I had running at 3.65ghz the entire time I owned it. 

Damn now I wanna hear a story about DooRules earliest forays into PC building.....
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 1:37pm
"All comes down to good cooling". Cool

I'll say... I know you use liquid cooling, but did not know your PC is in the same room as your snowmobile. Wink

Yes, a VCore of 1.52V is the standard max for your processor. You'd need an override jumper if that is even possible on Skylake. Then again, I doubt you want to ruin that chip. Shocked

Have you tried to go beyond 5150MHz, and it won't boot, etc?

Xaltar, if you knew where DooRules started from in his PC building not long ago, you would be surprised... at first. As I told him, he is back with a vengeance!! Beer

DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 9:48am
I think I obviously lucked out with a good chip. That being said I am reasonably confident if I had a bios to allow for more Vc I could get a little more out of her. Smile

All comes down to good cooling.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 6:54pm
Mind = Blown

For those not familiar with the baselines that score beats out a 6 core 12 thread Xeon and comes within 200 points of a 12 core 24 thread Xeon. I would guess that score is in line with an 8 core 16 thread Xeon with only half the cores/threads. Damn fine score there DooRules. 

To put things in perspective my i5 6600k @stock scores 606.

Edited by Xaltar - 16 Mar 2016 at 6:54pm
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 6:42pm
Sure thing, even at 5.15 Big smile

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:14pm
Clap

Are you able to run cinebench at 5.1?
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 10:03am
I validated a better one parsec... Tongue  the 5.1 is no suicide run, can run it for as long as bench session lasts, no problem, just need cold air Smile

I set Vc to 1.5 (max) in bios and then use LLC1 to let the Vc jump during bench runs. It goes to 1.52 Vc and stays there for bench run.

By far the best and most stable bios for me at these speeds is 2.31. All others do weird things and don't allow this chip speed.

Notice the core temps at 5.15  Tongue

http://valid.x86.fr/9eiy2k

Edited by DooRules - 16 Mar 2016 at 10:20am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 12:40am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Yes, the Firestrike score is amazing, but there is something else amazing lurking in DooRules screenshot. That is this:

Yes, an OC of his i7-6700K to 5.1GHz!!  Shocked  Censored  Clap

That is on his ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board! This board is really not ASRock's ultimate Skylake board for over clocking. That is the Z170 OC Formula.

DooRules, you might want to validate that OC on CPU-Z, just to be... well... validated!! Wink

The Core Voltage we can see is actually the VID, which may not be the true VCore. HWiNFO64 will display the true VCore on this board. That is shown under the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ (Nuvoton NCT6791D) heading.

DooRules, what voltage setting in the UEFI were you using for your 5.1GHz OC?

That might have been a so called suicide run, but it certainly lasted long enough to run the Firestrike benchmark without crashing, right?

IMO, this OC deserves a thread of its own in this sub-forum. Cool

Seconded. I totally missed the 5.1ghz CPU-Z screen. Good thing I finally have my new glasses Tongue
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 11:47pm
Yes, the Firestrike score is amazing, but there is something else amazing lurking in DooRules screenshot. That is this:

Yes, an OC of his i7-6700K to 5.1GHz!!  Shocked  Censored  Clap

That is on his ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board! This board is really not ASRock's ultimate Skylake board for over clocking. That is the Z170 OC Formula.

DooRules, you might want to validate that OC on CPU-Z, just to be... well... validated!! Wink

The Core Voltage we can see is actually the VID, which may not be the true VCore. HWiNFO64 will display the true VCore on this board. That is shown under the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ (Nuvoton NCT6791D) heading.

DooRules, what voltage setting in the UEFI were you using for your 5.1GHz OC?

That might have been a so called suicide run, but it certainly lasted long enough to run the Firestrike benchmark without crashing, right?

IMO, this OC deserves a thread of its own in this sub-forum. Cool

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 11:54pm
Awesome score DooRules Thumbs Up

I am still waiting on getting a board capable of overclocking so I can overclock the crap out of my 6600k and do a few runs Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic