ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestrike scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:59am
Thanks Xaltar.

I find CPU OC to be very important in getting a good score. I could tell during the run when I got the cpu at 5.04 that is was going to be my best run to date.  It especially important when i have only the 4 core chip, the 6 core chips just walk all over me in physics and combined score. No worries there though, I knew that going in.
Still need to tweak the gpu bios some, some throttling still going on. Disapprove
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:32am
Number 2 with that CPU/GPU combo now congrats Thumbs Up

Only a few points separating you from #1 now and the top guy is at 5.3ghz. You top all his scores save physics.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:31am
How much does the CPU OC affect your scores with that GPU? I've noticed that my own GPU is so much of a bottleneck, than even a ~20% OC will only result in an increase in the physics benchmark, which seems to be pretty irrelevant in the calculation of the total score. For the other parts of the benchmark - yes, even the combined test - my CPU OCs have had no effect. Only OC'ing the GPU helps. I would expect your CPU to be able to keep up with a single 980 Ti with ease, but since they're probably more balanced than my CPU/GPU combo, I'm curious.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:34am
new high with the cold air... Big smile

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7316203

DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:57pm
Yup, saw that. He has his chip at 5.3 so most likely using LN2, no catching him, lol. Most pleased with the chip, gpu and Asrock mobo though. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:05pm
Number 3 with your CPU/GPU combo, nice going Thumbs Up
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:25pm
New high...

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6868072

Edited by DooRules - 20 Dec 2015 at 10:22pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:18pm
Haha, I was planning on trying the same as soon as I get my hands on a 6600k, BCLK vs multi and see what benches best Thumbs Up Looking forward to seeing your results.
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:00pm
I can run pretty much anything at 4.9 with Vc of 1.465, fixed, llc 2. Temps during runs never hit above 71 on any core, actually two cores hit 70 and 71, with the other two topping out at 68. 

For short periods of time, I don't see too much of a chance of this presenting any problems. Short time being about an hour at a time.Smile

Will try seeing if there is a difference using bclk to achieve higher clocks as opposed to just upping the multi. Never know till ya try, right.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 9:55pm
What kind of voltage are you running to get 4.9 benchable on your 6700k? By the looks of it you have a good chip on your hands Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic