ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Taichi x370 Windows 7 keyboard/mouse not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x370 Windows 7 keyboard/mouse not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by aleks aleks wrote:

Thank you for the detailed description, I really appreciate it. I'm currently doing what you said you did. It seems like the tool won't apply the image to my USB drive. It prompts me to format the drive and automatically opens Windows' built-in drive-formatting-tool, and I agree to format it of course, and it formats successfully, but then the Win-7-usb-patcher tool gets stuck. It's been saying "Formatting drive F: .... " for almost an hour now. I'll let it run through the night, though I'm pretty sure that the program got stuck at this point.. it has happened before, this is my second attempt already.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I'm done with this issue for today. If you have any more suggestions or ideas in order to fix this, it's appreciated. I'll keep trying tomorrow.

Find a faster USB drive. don't use cheap ones. I have an 8 GB cruzer that cost me 40 band new when it came out (2008) and it's very fast.

Then format it with Windows using a full format. Then try again.  It's probably detecting bad sectors or corrupt data.

If that fails, create the iso only and burn to a CD.  Yeah, it may come down to that...

Edited by MattD - 08 May 2018 at 11:36pm
Asrock 990FX Extreme9, 8350x @4.6, 32GB, Samsung Evo 850, GTX 1080, 6 HDDs totaling 11 TB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic