ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 pro gaming, aquantia firmware fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschumiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 pro gaming, aquantia firmware fail
    Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 5:06pm
Hello.
A few minutes ago tried to update the aquantia lan adapter firmware no my x370 pro gaming but it FAILED and the adapter isn't detected anymore.
Suggestions?
sdtyler78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdtyler78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 8:16am
look in device manager and see if there is a new entry  , can't remember what its called ...mite be called sample   i had this happen to me not to long ago .  ofcourse uninstall and then right click and scan 

Edited by sdtyler78 - 28 Jun 2018 at 8:17am
mschumiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschumiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 2:13pm
I found what you said. Did what you you suggested, let's say it works like before which is not so good. I tried a firmware update, maybe it would fix something. I'm using the latest drivers from the aquantia website. I heard a firmware update would improve functionality but it fails like halfway trough.
Thanks!
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 3:20pm
didnt know you could upgrade the firmware of a lan adapter and in general if a firmware upgrade fails its usually bricked. 

as for the drivers i can only say make sure its AQC108 for your board 

if the device is not listed in your "device manager" or some device has an X or Exclamation mark i'm sure that lan adapter is a goner
stupidityleak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:03am
Just in case anyone is having the same problems I was having, I have two identical systems with the ASROCK Fata1ity X370 Professional Gaming AM4 system with the Aquantia 5g NIC built into the board.

Both systems have the same issues:

Aquantia NIC shows connecting > reset > connecting > reset

or

Aquantia NIC would just not recognize anything plugged into it at all

I tried the beta firmware update listed on the ASROCK website and both the ASROCK issued driver and the Aquantia issued driver. Nothing worked.

I finally got in touch with Richard at Aquantia (he said to have anyone else having issues contact them at aqn_support@aquantia.com). Richard sent me a .ZIP file with a firmware update and new drivers. This is what I did:

Updated Files

1. Empty the .ZIP folder into C:\update
2. Open Device Manager and update the Aquantia driver to the ones found in C:\update
3. Open a command prompt as Administrator
4. Browse to the C:\update folder
5. Run AtlFlashUpdate.exe
6. The firmware will update to 1.5.83
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer
8. Adapter should now work normally.

Note: I have two of these systems and these steps fixed the problem on both. When I restarted after the firmware update, both systems hung after Windows shut down and I had to manually reset them but that was the only hangup.

I hope this helps.

Edited by stupidityleak - 25 Aug 2018 at 11:36am
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 10:41am
this happens to me when my system crashes 

and would require hard power off (not restart/reboot) for it to work again 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

this happens to me when my system crashes?

and would require hard power off (not restart/reboot) for it to work again?

The firmware update happens in literally seconds. Let me know if you try it, I'm interested in knowing if it works for other people or not!
mschumiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschumiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:40pm
Thank you man!
Will try soon.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:51pm
i wont update with that file i have another chip (AQC107)

and its not a big problem for me as my system only crashes when i'm in the mood for overclocking trial and errors.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stupidityleak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

i wont update with that file i have another chip (AQC107)

and its not a big problem for me as my system only crashes when i'm in the mood for overclocking trial and errors.

I would reach out to the email address I posted, you're likely to get Richard ( I hope!) and maybe they'll have a solution that works for your chip just as well as it did for my particular situation. I just assumed all of us had the X370 Professional Gaming board. If I come across anything else that's helpful, I'll definitely let you know!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic