ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 freezing pc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 freezing pc
    Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:01am
I bought this motherboard from local shop, after i bult pc, pc started freezing sound for 1 sec every 20-40 min i tought that problem is driver, but no. Then i installed fresh win 10 pro but problems are even worse pc freezes after 2 hours of normal usage, sometimes i need to hard reset pc, somtime pc restarts without freezing. I tested ram with memtest86 and no errors are found, tried booting pc with one stick of ram, tested psu with multimeter i was getting stable 12v, tried different gpu, tried other hdd, but none of those fixed problem. So i read that this mb has bad vrm cooling, so i took apart pc and gived mb to local shop to give me my money back, they sent mb to test and after 9 days they called me and said that there is nothing with motherboard, i was speechless. And i builded pc again but that sh*t is still happening. Do any one have any suggestions what shud i do now. Here are my specs but i thing it doesn't really matter so much.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MOBO - ASRock AB350M PRO4
CPU - AMD Ryzen 1400 
RAM - 2X4 Kingston Fury 2400MHz DDR4 
GPU - Amd Gigabyte R9 270x Windforce
HDD - 465GB SAMSUNG HD502HJ
SSD - Kingston A400 120GB
PSU - FSP Aurum 500W 80+ Gold

_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:27am
You use aida64? This program cause freeze on w10 1803
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:30am
No i dont use it.
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:00am
Originally posted by COF1 COF1 wrote:

I bought this motherboard from local shop, after i bult pc, pc started freezing sound for 1 sec every 20-40 min i tought that problem is driver, but no. Then i installed fresh win 10 pro but problems are even worse pc freezes after 2 hours of normal usage, sometimes i need to hard reset pc, somtime pc restarts without freezing. I tested ram with memtest86 and no errors are found, tried booting pc with one stick of ram, tested psu with multimeter i was getting stable 12v, tried different gpu, tried other hdd, but none of those fixed problem. So i read that this mb has bad vrm cooling, so i took apart pc and gived mb to local shop to give me my money back, they sent mb to test and after 9 days they called me and said that there is nothing with motherboard, i was speechless. And i builded pc again but that sh*t is still happening. Do any one have any suggestions what shud i do now. Here are my specs but i thing it doesn't really matter so much.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MOBO - ASRock AB350M PRO4
CPU - AMD Ryzen 1400 
RAM - 2X4 Kingston Fury 2400MHz DDR4 
GPU - Amd Gigabyte R9 270x Windforce
HDD - 465GB SAMSUNG HD502HJ
SSD - Kingston A400 120GB
PSU - FSP Aurum 500W 80+ Gold

Return the mobo i you can and take another model / brand.

It's regarding the voltage, the auto overclock or ryzen and the lack of llc in the mobo.

Try to disable core performance boost (no xfr) and set a fix core clock to avoid the cpu going from idle to performance states trying to avoid the peaks up and down in the voltage every time cores are pushed with more or less frequency.

You may use the old bios, prev to the release of raven or pinnacle.

COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:25pm
I returned mb and i need to wait again. I'll update when they call me.
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:26am
Is your local shop going to rma the board for you with Asrock? Try to get other board right now, waiting is a nonsense.

Keep using the 350M Pro4 with ryzen APU its a bad idea, but there are many other cheap boards that runs ok. 

May be much better for all (you, shop and Asrock) swap the board at Asrock RMA support returns the unit to your dealer. 
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:37am
If they test board properly and see that board doesnt work as it shoud, they will give me money back or give other brand b350 mb.
kasperinline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasperinline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:26am
Yesterday I moved my PC to a place with more airflow.

For now, the uptime is about 25 hours with no freezes so far. This is record
kasperinline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasperinline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:27am
Still no answers from Asrock Technical support.

I wrote to Technical support in february
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:29am
It maybe worked for you but i built pc on desk without case and placed pc fan over a passive cooler. But didnt help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic