ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 freezing pc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:34am
I wrote to support too 3 days ago but they didnt answer. I sent mb to local shop where i bought mb and i again need to wait.
Kirurgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirurgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:20pm
My story is as follows, I bought this MB a week ago, of course I didn't check the forums about this MB prior to purchase.
Only when it started hanging I started to realise my mistake :) I had particulary easy to hang it, just run Fallout4... Otherwise it hanged here and there, it was a matter of hours not days.

BUT, I flashed beta bios 4.82 and freeze has gone. It does not freeze anymore, at least not while gaming 6hrs in a row for 5days now.

It has 2400G APU and AData XPG 1x8GB (slot A2) memory running at 2933/3066, video card is nVidia 1050, not using Vega yet, will test it down the road.
Only thing that is not working - IOMMU, can't even boot with it enabled.

Ahh, I forgot to mention, it runs linux exlusively.

Edited by Kirurgs - 12 Jul 2018 at 1:27pm
CPU: Ryzen 5600X
MB: Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 (BIOS 7.03)
RAM: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, works with 3200 by default on 7.03 bios (previously I could not go higher than 2933)
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm
I tried flashing on beta bios, but it didnt help, from now i'll never again buy any of asrock products, they dont even answer on support tickets.
konyzulphurea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konyzulphurea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:32pm
Hmmmm.

1.Have you upgraded your firmware 3.40 at least?
2.Your cable, your hardware may have defects which people usually ignore. 
3.Have you tried new drivers?
4.Hardware Overheat?

I personally have faced something like yours After Installed NVMe, Almost one hang one day.

First of all, Why down after half day, Is Power issues, Perhaps yes as The power has been using more than two years. So I tested very carefully before I end up with a new 650W DC level thing which says you only need at most 720W AC for the DC loading. 

After replacing the power, it comes with another thing which forces me to pull of HDDs to look further as the power is new.  It seems the Kingston A1000 is doing no good , refusing writing anymore so I use clonezilla to clone the area to a 240GB SATA3 SSD to see if there are more funny things.

If SATA3 (cables are good) cannot withstand, then I am unlucky.

I believe you better check cables first as most issues are cable releated. Also Please upgrade firmware to 3.40 at least.

konyzulphurea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konyzulphurea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:47pm
May I ask you which storage device you have been using? 

Last time, I have found the damned is caused by NVMe.

COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Man obviously i first upgraded to 3.40 and then to 4.70 and then to newest bets bios didnt help.
I tried differet sata cables and different hdd.
I updated all drivers to newest ones.
Hardwer didnt overheat gpu max temp was 36, max cpu temp was 43.
If psu was problem pc would have volt drops witch pc didnt have i was measuring volts with multimeter and i had stable 12 volts.
And you can look on newegg or amazon 35% reviews are one star and in those reviews all people have same issue with freezing.
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:02pm
In post i said what hardware im using
Main drive is kingston a400 128gb
Second drive is samsung 500gb
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Kirurgs Kirurgs wrote:

My story is as follows, I bought this MB a week ago, of course I didn't check the forums about this MB prior to purchase.
Only when it started hanging I started to realise my mistake :) I had particulary easy to hang it, just run Fallout4... Otherwise it hanged here and there, it was a matter of hours not days.

BUT, I flashed beta bios 4.82 and freeze has gone. It does not freeze anymore, at least not while gaming 6hrs in a row for 5days now.

It has 2400G APU and AData XPG 1x8GB (slot A2) memory running at 2933/3066, video card is nVidia 1050, not using Vega yet, will test it down the road.
Only thing that is not working - IOMMU, can't even boot with it enabled.

Ahh, I forgot to mention, it runs linux exlusively.

Can you give it a try without the discreet? I think the board cann't handle all voltage peaking (cpu + igpu) @ NB. 
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by COF1 COF1 wrote:

If they test board properly and see that board doesnt work as it shoud, they will give me money back or give other brand b350 mb.

Ok COF1, it's important that the do the test using Zen APU (not Zen cpu without igfx, or A-Series APU).

The board may not be in fact faulty (it's very possible that run smoothly using a A9600 for example), but can not still running more than a while using a zen + vega apu. 60/120 minutes at idle and the freezes comes.

At the store may not sold more of this mobo model to use with zen apus. Better for everybody.

Hope you enjoy the processor on a working MB soon, are really nice.
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:31pm
First time that i sent mb to them to test they didnt accept rma so i bult pc again and pc worked normaly for whole day and next day pc started crashing again. So that means that mb will work normaly when doesnt have power for some days. So i think that that mb will crash on any cpu.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic