ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 freezing pc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by COF1 COF1 wrote:

First time that i sent mb to them to test they didnt accept rma so i bult pc again and pc worked normaly for whole day and next day pc started crashing again. So that means that mb will work normaly when doesnt have power for some days. So i think that that mb will crash on any cpu.

Yes, same issue all others. Mobo can handle about 60/120 min without crash and then -1/2 time before next crasah to finally crash while booting until put the mobo to sleep a day or more to 'cold' entireliy. 

Obviously, i don't know nothing about your purchasing date, your rights or what you can claim but:

- Dealer must take your product in the first 7/15 days after the purchase. Something is wrong, the machine will crash in idle at the 60/120 min, and then all comes worst.
- rma procedure must be done by the customer and comes after the 7/15 days dealer gives the support.

Zen APU put the VRM, chipset and circuitery under much more workload than the Zen CPU or A-series products. Understand thar cpu cores and igpu cores feeds from the NB VRM (both). The stock voltaje is 1.4. If you keep it as is, when performance boost and xfr wakes (constantly) you will it 1.55V (!) with out the peaks and vdroop due the lack of LLC the inestability is going to happend.

The mobo was going great with ryzen 1 gen. Agesa 1.006. Bios 3.3 or so. Problems started with the release / support raven ridge (Zen APU) and Pinnacle (Ryzen 2nd gen).

Maybe you are not going to doublecheck about it, but if at the store do test using CPU (not apu) Ryzen 1 (with much less VRM stress and handling only CPU, not iGPU), they are not playing the same game you are faceing.

In my opinion, the phisical components or the design of the mobo can't handle properly nothing after Summit (Ryzen 1st gen - CPU). 

Edited by MPro4-FAULT - 13 Jul 2018 at 5:11pm
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 8:32pm
Update
After 16 days of waiting i called the shop and i was mad they can have mb on test only 8 days. So they told guy who tested mb to call me i explained to guy everything, and he said that he will change the board. Today shop called me and said to select board that i want and they will send it to my local shop i selected to pay 15$ more for better board i picked MB AMD AM4 MSI B350M Mortar for new board. Im going on vacation today so i will pickup board from shop on 6. April. I'll update if board fixed issue.
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by COF1 COF1 wrote:

Update
After 16 days of waiting i called the shop and i was mad they can have mb on test only 8 days. So they told guy who tested mb to call me i explained to guy everything, and he said that he will change the board. Today shop called me and said to select board that i want and they will send it to my local shop i selected to pay 15$ more for better board i picked MB AMD AM4 MSI B350M Mortar for new board. Im going on vacation today so i will pickup board from shop on 6. April. I'll update if board fixed issue.

waiting for update
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:59am
Update 
Pc didnt restarted for 5 days, i had sound freezes but i installed fresh windows and sound freezes are gone so problem is fixed.
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 12:45pm
expected
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 1:30am
What should I say to prove them that this is because of mobo?
COF1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 2:49am
Well i said that i tried different psu, tried different gpu, and that i tested ram i memtest86. And you should tell them that everyone on newegg and amazon are having same problem, and that the asrock support doesn't want to answer to support ticket.
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Thanks. After my second try to return they said that it's mobo problem and I can select another mobo. Should I choose ASUS Prime B350M-K or MSI B350M Pro-VDH?
tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by miller100 miller100 wrote:

Thanks. After my second try to return they said that it's mobo problem and I can select another mobo. Should I choose ASUS Prime B350M-K or MSI B350M Pro-VDH?

Why don't you choose B450 Motheboard?
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 12:05pm
too expensive for me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic