FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The hardest stutter to troubleshoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 5:45am
Odd. I really don't like that GPU. Can others  with nvidia check their numbers?

To me it boils down to HW and/or FW, since you're having the stutter under both Win & Lin.

Can you please write down the detailed chronolgy of HW swaps you made? Something is fishy here. If I read it all correctly you didn't swap the GPU at all?

Also, could you hook up 2 monitors. Let latencymon run on one of them and try playing on the second. Check what spikes when the stuttering appears.

mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

OP, did you run http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon ?

You'll see some spikes in DPC or other odd behavior in this app, when your stuttering occurs. The app will tell you which module is causing this. Then, you can continue further.

Please see attached images: https://imgur.com/a/LZJ4sCf -- it's worth noting that the largest peak on DPC when when loading the game, and when I tried to restart it again and alt tabbed to do so.

It *did* happen during this test, but only once.

Edited by mpw90 - 25 Sep 2018 at 4:18am
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:53am
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

You'll see some spikes in DPC or other odd behavior in this app, when your stuttering occurs. The app will tell you which module is causing this. Then, you can continue further.

Hi, I have previously and ntoskrnl or nvidia drivers would often pop up. However, after trying *every* driver under the sun, I thought that maybe it's something that is processing the driver. 

I will do it again right now and reply.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:29am

mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

You aren't running Freesync, so turn it down to 60 Hz, and try with only one monitor again.  Use DisplayPort this time around ONLY.  Retest in Borderless Window. 

I don't want to be rude here, but are we not reading, and just writing? I appreciate your attempt at helping me, but I feel that you didn't bother to read what I have written through this post.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:29am
You aren't running Freesync, so turn it down to 60 Hz, and try with only one monitor again.  Use DisplayPort this time around ONLY.  Retest in Borderless Window. 

Edited by Reinvented - 24 Sep 2018 at 7:31am
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

Are you playing in Fullscreen or Borderless Window?  Are you also attempting to run 144 Hz on BOTH monitors?

Fullscreen.
Yes.

However, this problem has existed with different monitors. Single monitors. No 144hz. It's not the monitors.

This existed far before having 144hz monitors, or even dual monitors.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:55am
Are you playing in Fullscreen or Borderless Window?  Are you also attempting to run 144 Hz on BOTH monitors?
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:35pm
It still happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY5QyRKK0IM - This is a clip I recorded in game of it happening, but for a very short amount of time. I noticed that, actually, the FPS *do* drop. They drop down to 89 from around 250-300fps. This is when the issues happens.
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:50pm
I have replaced my CPU with AMD. I will be testing this further this evening to determine whether or not the stutter still occurs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic