ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e Steel Legend no post after BIOS 3.01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670e Steel Legend no post after BIOS 3.01
    Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 1:00am
Build:

X670e Steel Legend motherboard
7800X3D processor
7900GRE Steel Legend gpu
Corsair Titanium DDR5 6000 RAM
RogStrix 850w PSU

Built first PC in 15 years, all went well apart from RGB conflicts and issues. System has been stable and performing for months, and then this morning I had the bright idea to install latest BIOS, 3.01. All I really wanted to do was play some games on my day off, instead I?™ve been fighting with it all day ?¥´

Motherboard, RGB, and case fans power up just fine but doesn?™t make it to post, display goes to standby due to no signal. I?™ve done CMOS resets including battery in case it was xmp after the bios, removed ram sticks, replaced graphics card, removed graphics card and tried to post off the motherboard hdmi port. Nothing works.

On power up, everything fires up and the motherboard red lights are CPU light constantly on, and the RAM light flashes slowly 8 times, then does a half flash and nothing else happens. CPU light stays on, fans are on, lights are on, but no one is home ?«£

I can?™t get to another PC to try and get another older BIOS for nearly week. I?™ve even tried to reinstall this BIOS several times and it always appears to complete, but the system never gets to post when turned on.

Any help? Thanks ??
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 6:38am
You can try setting memory training options in the thread below, but it didn?™t work for me. I?™m stuck on some very old firmware with the logofail security vulnerability with no help from ASRock either. Good luck.

https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30954&title=solved-b650m-hdv-m2-bios-memory-stability-issues
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
ShinisterAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 2:06am
Thanks MrBilll, unfortunately I can?™t set anything as I?™ve got no display or post.

I?™ve just got hold of a copy of the previous bios so I?™m just flashing it on now and hoping for good fortune ?”®
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 6 minutes ago at 2:22pm
bios 1.30 or 1.28 is the last one with old memory training algorythms and prolly the last bios allowing you to boot into the bios with your motherboard+memory chip combo :/

my ddr5 xmp chip allows me to boot to bios at JEDEC 4800mhz where i can tune the memory training options and boot it at desired speeds like dercribed in the topic above
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic