ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please, update Thunderbolt FW in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HashiramaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please, update Thunderbolt FW in BIOS
    Posted: 12 hours 30 minutes ago at 4:03pm
Z690 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 Bios 19.07
13600kf
Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.4169
UGREEN TB4 40Gbps external NVMe case.
Thunderbolt NVM Firmware version 30.0

Dear Asrock, can you update the Thunderbolt NVM Firmware included in the bios? I have the latest version of the bios installed, but it has an outdated version of Thunderbolt NVM Firmware - 30.0, while the latest version has a number around 50.0. My TB4 external case UGREEN will not start when plugged into the appropriate port on the motherboard. The case is definitely functional, tested on other PC. The UGREEN support said I need to update the Thunderbolt NVM Firmware, but it's part of the bios and I can't do it myself. I've found the same problem on Reddit with other people, and it was solved by updating the Thunderbolt NVM Firmware to at least version 36.0. (as an example - https://www.reddit.com/r/Thunderbolt/comments/18cjcnw/zikedrive_z666_usb4_enclosure_asm2464pd_isnt/)

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 32 minutes ago at 6:01pm
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Try opening a support ticket with ASRock directly. You can include a link to your
post here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic