ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Deep Sleep option problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hh145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS Deep Sleep option problem
    Posted: 02 May 2019 at 3:17am
Hello, I am using Asrock H170M Pro4, Q170M vPRO model motherboard.

I found a serious problem while using it. If you press the power button for more than 4 seconds and force it to shut down, it will never turn on again.

This issue occurs 100% when you change the Deep Sleep option to S4 or S4-S5 in the BIOS.

If this sh*t happens, you must disconnect the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS options before powering it back on.

Also, this issue does not occur if you press the power button to shut down before the OS boot (for example, on the BIOS setup screen).

It is an OS type issue and all Linux-based OS including Windows 7 and 8.1 and 10 have the same problem.

I thought it was a motherboard problem in use, but I bought and tested the same model, but it was not a motherboard problem because I had the same problem.

Shutting down your computer normally or changing the Deep Sleep option to Disabled does not cause this problem.

If you don't change the Deep Sleep option, the USB mouse and keyboard LEDs won't turn off when you shut down your computer. The option cannot be changed because the LED does not turn off.

If the system stops due to an error, I have to press and hold the power button to shut down, but I'm afraid the computer won't turn on because of this problem.

CPU, RAM, and power supply issues are definitely not a problem. I've tested it on another company's motherboard, but it doesn't have this problem.

Is there a way to solve this problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic