ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 310W does not start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:36am
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Take a look at the CPU support list and make
sure whatever you get is on there and is supported by the BIOS version you have
on your unit.
rickaccused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickaccused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:42am
Yea I appreciate it. It gives me an idea of the problem. I'll still talk to tech support since I have a support ticket in but this will undoubtedly be the answer.

It looks like the i5 9400 is compatible in P0, R0, and U0 stepping but the i5 9400F is not.
lastscout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lastscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm
what is wrong with the letter F I've got i3-9100F and have no video, will it work or no chance?
rickaccused View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickaccused Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:15pm
So the F denotes that it does not have a stand alone graphics processing unit in the processor itself. You need to select a processor that has the capability of serving as a graphics processor as well. ASRock provides a list of processors that are compatible with the DeskMini.

On my first go around I did not scrutinize the list and compare it to the processor i was purchasing so I wound up having to return the proc and buy a different one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic