ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer SLI BIOS Update Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:30am
these links maye help in case you have missed a step or not performed it correctly (i still feel theres a simple error here with what your doing )

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-upgrades/how-update-your-bios-3428662/

this link seems much more helpful and shows using rufus

https://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:42am
I also had to upgrade my Bios from 1.3 to 2.3 last week via Dos.

It went without a hitch. I followed the steps I posted in the Gaming section of this forum under Initial Setup after posting.
kirtmys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirtmys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:34pm
Hi, I had troubles updating the BIOS too.
I tried as you did, then I found out I have the wrong BIOS, then it wasn't updating it, i tried the USB flash and DOS.
Then luckily I found out that the BIOS can be updated from the menu itself via internet.
Selected update from network and it was ok :)

Edited by kirtmys - 25 May 2017 at 4:28am
AgentK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:45am
Hey everyone,

Good news, finally got the exe to work. Turns out it's as simple as using FreeDOS, nothing else works, it will not execute under Win 7, 8.1, 10's DOS boot. Thanks for all the advice and help. 

Just wanted to add that I still can't get my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz to anything above 2667MHz, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by AgentK AgentK wrote:

Hey everyone,

Good news, finally got the exe to work. Turns out it's as simple as using FreeDOS, nothing else works, it will not execute under Win 7, 8.1, 10's DOS boot. Thanks for all the advice and help.?

Just wanted to add that I still can't get my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz to anything above 2667MHz, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Glad it worked out!

Very soon your ram will work as intended. Most likely with the next Bios update.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic