ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro 4 Freeze in reboot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:33pm
Well, at least you have a running system now! That is great! Hopefully UEFI and AGESA will be fixed soon.

If you are having segfaults in Linux you may want to open a ticket with AMD and RMA the CPU. It's a known issue. Check the webs for more info.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
nikoff90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikoff90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:09am
I had contacted them and they instantly opened an RMA and that is the cpu I am using now with no issues.
Soon to be retired:
EVGA 780i
Intel Q6600
Mushkin 400Mhz
Nvidia GTX260 SLI

MSI B350 TOMAHAWK : not my first choice
RYZEN 5 1600X
Mushkin REDLINE 2666 AMD
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
bitlanul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitlanul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:50am
same thing here .... ryzen 5,samsung 960 evo, g.skill ram

updated bios to 4.50 thats a 2018/1/17 release and still same

anyone?
asrock?......

gustdoidao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gustdoidao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 6:34am
Same problem here. ryzen 5 1600x, firecuda 1tb, rx 480, g.skill 3200(qvl ram)
I tried almost everything, for 3 weeks, before RMA (Return Merchandise Autorization).Without success...
They installed a win 10, drivers without problems and sad that MOBO has no inssues.
I sent a lot of links of the problem in this model and ask for retest because is a intermitent problem.
they test all componets separately and indicated a problem on the MOBO with the newest bios.
Now after 2 months they are going to send me a new MOBO or my money back.
now is the question.....
ITs not a problem that happens with everybody.... 
Replace with the same MOBO or change models????
Hail from brazil!!

Edited by gustdoidao - 01 Mar 2018 at 6:39am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 8:58am
gustdoidao what BIOS/UEFI are "they" running and who are "they"?  What BIOS/UEFI were you running?  On 13 February Beta BIOS 4.63 was released.  Did you run it?  Are "they" running it?  It is really hard to help with so little information.  We don't know what power supply, W10 version, BIOS/UEFI, memory details, OCing and probably more.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Andriskaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriskaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:18am
ASRock is a joke:
Answer from the official support:

The freezing can happen of many things.

Like problem with software installation or BIOS setting. Overclocking system and hardware defect.

Please check following:

- make fresh Windows installation. Chek again. OK? Then install drivers and check again. And so on...

- check if your power supply can support all the hardware you are using.

- use CLRCMOS jumper on mainboard to re-set BIOS to default. See manual for more details.

- try with other memory modules if you have on hand. (ECC, buffered and high-density modules are not supported).

- test if possible the CPU + memory on another system if they are working well.

- remove the mainboard from chassis and test again. Maybe a short-circuit from chassis to mainboard?

A defect on the hardware itself is still possible. Please contact your dealer for further help.

PaxTharkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaxTharkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:52am
I'm running into the same problem, however this happens only when the board has warmed up after a few minutes of normal operation. I go to shut down or restart, windows shuts down properly, usb powers off, display turns off, power and fans still running. It will be in this state until I hold down the power button. Reset button does nothing. I usually have to cycle the power supply switch and drain the board power to get it to boot again. Starts up and runs Windows and games normally. I have updated to the latest BIOS (4.7) and have tried the beta one as well (4.83) with no change in behavior. Here are my specs:

ASRock AB350M Pro 4
Ryzen 1600
T-Force Dark 3200 RAM (Not QVL, I know, but works well)
Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2
PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 8GB
Seasonic FOCUS GOLD 750W PSU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic