ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B650 PG usb issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elope3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:48am
I was hopeful. But today it happened again, so unfortunately BIOS 2.10 did not fix it.

I read that many people have had issues with previous ASRock boards, but that their AM5 boards are supposed to be really good.

Well, unlucky I guess

I think I'm gonna try contacting ASRock to see if they can somehow help, as I really don't wanna have to take my whole pc apart to replace the motherboard ??

Let me know how it goes for you, Cronista

My current specs:

MOBO: ASRock B650 PG Lightning
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
RAM: 2x 16GB Kingston FURY Beast 6000Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM850x Shift
GPU: XFX RX 6950 XT Speedster MERC 319

Cronista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cronista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 3:14am
Hi @Elope3 and people.

After more than a month going through the RMA process, I finally received a BRAND NEW B650M PG RIPTIDE and reinstalled everything.

I've been testing for two days now and the problem STILL happens. I'm stunned.

Same thing. Briefly all or almost all USB ports stop working and then reconnect, making USB sounds, flashing and all that.

First it happened just when I was shutting down on the first day, but I did not want to believe. But just now, it did again, two times, in a span of ~4 hours.

I'm thinking it's the case? I have a white aquarium-like redragon (Redragon Wideload Lite)

Or the CPU, somehow? We all have Ryzen 7's, right? And it triggered with either 7700 or 7800X3D. Could it be some PBO settings?

Other peripherals and bits I have, in the hopes we have something in common:

-Razer Deathadder V3 (wired) mouse;
-TP-LINK USB Bluetooth 5.0 adapter;
-Redragon Lakshmi keyboard;
-Alexa Echo pop connected through BT with that TP-LINK;
-HyperX Cloud II headset;
-Nobreak SMS Gamer 1500VA UPS;
-A set of five Rise Mode Crystal Sound, 120mm, ARGB cooler fans
-1 TB Kingston NV2, M.2 2280 PCIe SSD
-480 GB Kingston A400, SATA SSD
-LG UltraGear 24GN600-24" monitor
-LG 26 IPS, Ultra Wide, 75Hz gamer monitor

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm incredibly pissed.
Elope3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elope3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2024 at 8:08pm
Hey,

thank you for your sacrifice of going through the RMA ?«¡

The issue has been rare for me recently, so it hasn't been annoying enough for me to go through all the effort of taking my pc apart for an RMA.

If it gets bad again, I might try updating the BIOS to the new 3.01 version.

My last pc with a B350 had a problem that was fixed by turning off the C6 state in the BIOS. So one thought was that maybe now it's also something about the cpu sleep states? PC booting and the cpu can't get out of the low power states causing problems?

Probably not it, but has been on my mind.

Personally, I don't think it's the pc case, as I don't know how it would even cause these problems.

The only similar peripherals I have are a HyperX Cloud Alpha headset and an LG UltraGear 27GP850P monitor. But I don't see how they could be causing the issue either.

If only there was a way to reproduce it consistently, but it's so random that it's hard to know if a fix worked or not
Cronista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cronista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2024 at 1:39am
So, for me it's pretty constant, and I have a way to test it. Almost guarantee to happen while watching youtube videos or playing any media, oddly enough. Even spotify. As a desperate measure, I removed the hyperx cloud 2 and for a week, doing all test I could, it was stable. So I figured it was the old firmware (which You can't update) and we all had some similar device. But regardless, it didn't work in the end.

I'll keep that C6 state in mind, thanks.

ASRock support reached out, finally, and said to update do the latest 3.01, which was released amidst our troubleshooting (16/05) and I didn't realized. So I will try that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic